Notifications
Clear all

Now What?

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My goal would be to just learn how to write lyrics to my songs! I'd be pretty stoked about that if I could!

So, Ginger, you're another one......why don't YOU drop into the SSG? It's not going to teach you how to write lyrics, but we will give your lyrics a fair appraisal - you CAN write lyrics, it's like singing - you may not think about doing it in front of people - "Oooh, I'm nowhere near good enough" - but you won't know until you try. Come on in, Ginger, dip your feet in the water - I can promise you we'll not be too harsh with the criticism. We''ll highlight the good points, and offer useful suggestions on your weak points - no one will ever tell you, "Go away, you're rubbish!".....no, any criticism of your lyric will be aimed towards helping you - that's what GN's all about!

I've written (just over) a hundred songs now based on SSG suggestions - when I look back at the early stuff I posted, it looks like rubbish. Tat. Crap. Garbage. To me, anyway. But no-one ever told me not to bother. All I ever got in those early days was constructive criticism. And not long after I started trying to make it a weekly task, somehow, everything started to come together....AND it's helped my guitar playing no end. I HAD to come up with a different chord progression every week....

Give it a try, girl, if you've got ANY kind of songwriting talent in you, we'll help you develop it - and if you haven't, well, we'll try and help you anyway, get your brain cells working, and make a few songwriting suggestions to help you get started. What have you got to lose?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Lars...you are certainly a welcomed breath of fresh air!

You've outlined EXACTLY what is ahead of you. Yer dead on about the whole nine yards, too. Just get more and more experience in all of those aspects and you'll get there. Importantly, don't "settle" on the choice of your partners. They all need to be as good and as dedicated as you.

Now write some hits!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks cat.

It seems I'm stuck with my band - for better and worse. It is a good thing to be in charge. We were playing out today and it was ... OK. Not great, but not completely falling apart either. I will keep on thinking about finding someone else in addition maybe. Maybe someone with whom I can decide on a set list via email, practice, and meet once or twice before a gig.

Also I'm keeping my goal. One song on radio next year. I need to start recording again.

keepin' on :note1: :note2: :D

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2