Skip to content
Odd request but can...

Notifications
Clear all

Odd request but can anyone tell me the name of this song?

26 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Its a classical tune.. its kinda like a mischevious vibe and it goes ...

Dun dun dun dun .. dundundun then a lower note dundundun then lower again dundundun

Its been bothering me for a while i like it a lot. I remember it form old old looney tunes sometimes theyd play it

Thanks

(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I'm hearing the song that plays when Mario enters the sewer, is that it?

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

no its def a old classical tune. Um i have a little recording of me playin the ryhtmn but the notes arent right. I can send it to anyone over AIM my name is Maiibuss ... the rythmn is sorta 1234 565 676 787

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

the way you describe it, i think it's the opening to Beethovens' 5th. is it the same notes played at the first of ELOs "roll over Beethoven"?
there is a clip at the top of the list of "Orchestral" pieces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_van_Beethoven#Orchestral

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Its a classical tune.. its kinda like a mischevious vibe and it goes ...

Dun dun dun dun .. dundundun then a lower note dundundun then lower again dundundun

Its been bothering me for a while i like it a lot. I remember it form old old looney tunes sometimes theyd play it

Thanks

Could it be "Kill the Rabbit" by Bugs himself? 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Anyone who can identify the song based on that little amount of information needs to be on a game show.

I was thinking the "Star Wars" theme song, but I know I'm wrong.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yeah ill have to check up on "kill the rabbit" i forget how it goes. Ihave a little clip that gives a good idea off what it sounds like and everyone that hears it knows what it is just cant figure out who it is.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

The first thing I thought of was one of the Swan Lake pieces (I don't know what it's actually called). Might be worth looking into, anyway...

I've always wanted to know what the one they use for cartoon assembly lines is. Every time there's some kind of mass manufacturing in a cartoon, they use the same piece :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

so i guess that means it's not Beethovens' 5th?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

yeah ill have to check up on "kill the rabbit" i forget how it goes. Ihave a little clip that gives a good idea off what it sounds like and everyone that hears it knows what it is just cant figure out who it is.

So post the clip - betcha between all of us we could figure it out

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Surely it's Elmer Fudd who sings 'Kill the Rabbit'? It'd make no sense for Bugs to sing it?

Is it Ride of the Valkyrie by Wagner?

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

There seems to be several suggestions for "ride of the valkyrie", so MaIibuSS, is this what you are hearing (the horn part, about 20 seconds in)?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The first thing I thought of was one of the Swan Lake pieces (I don't know what it's actually called). Might be worth looking into, anyway...

I've always wanted to know what the one they use for cartoon assembly lines is. Every time there's some kind of mass manufacturing in a cartoon, they use the same piece :)

Thats Powerhouse by Raymond scott

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

There seems to be several suggestions for "ride of the valkyrie", so MaIibuSS, is this what you are hearing (the horn part, about 20 seconds in)?

No its definately not Ride of the Valkyrie.. i belive its a string quartet that plays this other song.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

I thought you were going to post the clip?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2