Skip to content
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO...

Notifications
Clear all

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Yeah, its really sad what's going on down there... :( I tried to do a bit and donated half of my lawn mowing money this month to the Red Cross...
That's great yoyo, one of my uncle's friends just lost his house. Fortunately he's safe, though stuck at a hunting lodge at the moment.

That amp does look nice, the harmony-central reviews are positive, too bad it won't dampen my (artist supplied) amp gas :) http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/B_52_Pro_Audio/LG100A_Head-1.html

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok, i dont know what it is but man, that new jackson guitar.....god it gives me chills. I played it in my local store and omg, the neck is so quick and i love the sound. On top of that the inlays, the 24 frets, god oooooo. Thats something that speaks to me! I have a cart at musicians friend. 1.Jackson warrior wrxt. 2. Jackson hardshell molded case. 3.Digitech Heavy metal Distortion pedal, (80$). 4. new guitar dimarzio cable. Shipped to my door for 683.92 I like my amp now, its ok. I have played like 2 other amps, a marshall, and another fender. My amp has some pretty kick a$$ distortion already, thats why i belive if i put a foot pedal and hook up a 500.00 guitar along with it, im ready for metallica rockin. What do you guys think. I wish i could find a great new amp, my jackson for 472$, and a great foot pedal for all like 700.00 Please help me. If anyone could help me find a great pedal, great amp, my warrior, the 120 dollar case, and keep it all under 700 OMG I WOULD BE SOOOO GREATFUL. I have searched alot, and still cant keep it under 700. thanks. :D :( :cry: :? :? :P :D :roll:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

If you get a new amp forget the pedal you'll have plenty of range with it get the pedal later maybe on ebay.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

I'm with Arjen: take your time. Take that guitar you have and try it out with various amps and pedals. Even if you had exact copies of what the guys in Metallica have, you still wouldn't sound like them; you don't play exactly the way they do. And guess what? So what! Find your own sound. Try amps and look for one with a good distortion channel on it. If nothing sounds quite right, then look into the guitar.

Another point: I've said it before, I'll say it again. Those guys you want to sound like don't use brand new gear. They have old stuff. The industry doesn't work the way it used to. A new Marshall doesn't sound like an old Marshall. It still may sound good, but not quite as good. Look into lesser-known brands which may be exactly the same quality. If you don't want to go tube, look into the Drive amps http://www.switchmusic.com . for example. Their electronics are used by a whole bunch of other manufacturers. I can't recall them at this moment, but I'm pretty sure Vox is among them, but I remember my jaw dropped when I heard the list. With Drive you get the original for less money. And you still have some cash left aside for more gear.

A little note of cynicism if you'll allow; giving money to the hurricane Katrina fund is a nice gesture: congratulations to everyone who does it, (honestly) but... Have you seen the price of gas lately? If the gas companies donated one tenth of 1% of their profits, that would solve the whole issue. It would probably solve world hunger too and a few other things at the same time.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll agree with doing some soul searching combined with reaching. Then reading through different parts of the forum you'll find plenty of valuable information and knowledge on different equipment. As you'll see many will express their in-site on what equipment they use to achieve their tone. Most everyone knows how I would answer the question, all tube amp, equalizer, attenuator.

Price tag? I'd say you'll have just enough.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Will you please change the topic of your.it doesn't look pretty and nither it attarcts attention :evil:

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Will you please change the topic of your.it doesn't look pretty and nither it attarcts attention :evil:

??? I didn't know you could change the topic after you post it.

Anyways, although you might not be able to sound like Metallica with $700, you can probably get a similar heavy sound (nice distorted low end with screaming leads) but alot of that actually has to do with the way you play too: for example, really hitting the strings hard and using stuff like pinch harmonics and the right amount of palm muting. I noticed that you got a distortion pedal too, it's CRUTIAL that you don't use too much distortion, and make sure you have the right amount of mids, low end and high end for the perfect sound. Alot of players think that distortion is distortion, but even with distortion there's a fine line between distortion and noise.

I'm not saying don't go out and buy new gear, I'm just saying to be aware of certain things that are crutial to your sound: who knows, maybe you'll find that perfect tone without trying to model metallica. If you've already done your homework about amp settings, metal guitar playing and distortion levels then you can disregard all this.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

??? I didn't know you could change the topic after you post it.

Yeah you can, or you could delete the thread and all of the posts in it (including the ones that are not your's) if you started the thread (or are a mod... :D ).

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

The Boss Metal Zone MT-2 is a perfect distortion pedal for Pantera/Metallica kinda sound....I'd know i've got one! :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2