Clear all

One more go around with the Jackson and warranty

22 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Some of you may recall a thread a while ago about Jackson was going to replace that guitar with the bad neck. Well I got it back a few weeks ago and was told they would do nothing else and there was not anything wrong with the guitar. I was saddened by this because I spent so much money on my dream axe and it sounds so horrible. I told the tech just to fix it and I would pay what ever it cost. I just want to play it.

Well he calls me up and tells me its ready, says he leveled the frets and crowned them. I get down there and pay the bill. I open the case and not one single thing was done that I asked him to do, nor was there ever a file or board placed on the neck. All this jerk did was raise the bridge and charged me well for it.

In the few years I have been fighting to have this guitar fixed, there was a tech recommend to me. I took it to him 2 years ago. I was told that it was a warranty issue and to have it sent back. fast forward 2 years. Seems this guy is the new warranty repair man. I took it back to him and told the horror story behind this guitar. He opened the case and without playing a single note sited down it's neck and said "the necks twisted and until its fixed it will never sound right".

This wonderful man called Fender and they said that there was one claim on the serial number(this guitar has been in at least 10x for warranty). Seems Ed Roman never sent the guitar in. Him and his shop have stroked me along including this last repair where I was charge for nothing.

the new tech is sending back for repair or replacement Tuesday.

Moral of this story, don't do business with short troll looking guys claiming to know it all!

Neil, thank you for finally taking care of this.

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Can you not rattle the legal sabre at the original guy and get your money back?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

Youch. That's quite the story. I'm very fortunate to have a luthier I trust very much and who does a great job. I don't know what I'd do if he decides to not work at guitars anymore as it's not his day job. Hopefully you can reclaim some of your loss. Maybe you might consider contacting an attorney.

Mike

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Sad to hear that story. Better luck next time !

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Had you said Ed Roman earlier, I could have told that he has a reputation like no other. It is absolutely no surprise that he has screwed you, there seems to be a list of "screwees" that resembles the Ellis Island records.
Go to any Forum and mention Ed Roman and the (negative) comments come thick and fast.

Sorry to hear that the agony is still continuing - you may wish to consult a lawyer re compensation for the time that you have been unable to play the guitar due to the Ed Roman's economy of the facts. If you have written proof that he told you he had sent the guitar away, when he hadn't, you never know what you might get.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yet another sad tale from the "Roman" (sic) empire....
hope you get satisfaction somehow.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't think an attorney is necessary. The guitar will be in the hands of Fender in a few days and I'm sure that it will come back either fix correctly this time or replaced.

You know I bought an accustic from him and had a major issue with the neck, I think he over humidifies his store. They replaced it no questions asked.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

He does look like a troll!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTPVSpb4DCc

The sad truth is that his custom shop stuff is very professional, to the point of being able to make exact replicas. I was thinking that is why they never sent it in because it was a fake, but his wife told me to take it to the new warranty place myself once. BTW she really good looking, she must be after his money cause that guy is fugly.

Oh and lived in Vegas 47 years and never seen that show:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

He had an issue with Richard Mermer, the luthier who made my parlor guitar. I know very little about the problem they had, but his description of Richard is exactly the opposite of what my description would be. Richard's guitars are exquisite. I've never had a problem with them. Then again, if I was taking a custom built guitar from humid Florida to the desert of Las Vegas, I'd be really careful to acclimate it slowly.

Although I've never met Ed Roman I think he's got more negative feedback and comments on the internet than any other corporate entity I can think of, except Verizon Wireless customer support, or Comcast. That has to be based on something. Where there is smoke....

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I'm sure Roman's eternity burning in hell will involve plenty of torture.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I don't think an attorney is necessary.
I can understand wanting to just put it all behind you, but if he's charging for work that he's not doing then that's fraud. For all you know, he could have been laughing to himself about how easy it was to get away with ripping off the last guy who didn't complain, just as you walked in...

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I can understand wanting to just put it all behind you, but if he's charging for work that he's not doing then that's fraud. For all you know, he could have been laughing to himself about how easy it was to get away with ripping off the last guy who didn't complain, just as you walked in...

You have to understand, Ed himself is almost never at his retail store. He spends most of his time at his custom shop which is miles away. The deal was made with his tech and only his tech.

On the other hand his new manager flat out lied to me and told me he sent it in for the second time and Fender was not going to do anything else, so I told him to sell it for me. He calls me back an hour later and tells me that he has just removed the paper I stuck under the low e and a strings to shim it up at the nut and he could not even sell the guitar like that because it sounded so bad. So do you think if fender had actually received this guitar do you think they would have noticed the paper during the evaluation? I certainly do.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

He had an issue with Richard Mermer, the luthier who made my parlor guitar. I know very little about the problem they had, but his description of Richard is exactly the opposite of what my description would be. Richard's guitars are exquisite. I've never had a problem with them. Then again, if I was taking a custom built guitar from humid Florida to the desert of Las Vegas, I'd be really careful to acclimate it slowly.

Did Richard work for Ed at one time?

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

...............He calls me back an hour later and tells me that he has just removed the paper I stuck under the low e and a strings to shim it up at the nut and he could not even sell the guitar like that because it sounded so bad. So do you think if fender had actually received this guitar do you think they would have noticed the paper during the evaluation? I certainly do.
I think you've answered your own question :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

You have to understand, Ed himself is almost never at his retail store. He spends most of his time at his custom shop which is miles away. The deal was made with his tech and only his tech.

On the other hand his new manager flat out lied to me and told me he sent it in for the second time and Fender was not going to do anything else, so I told him to sell it for me. He calls me back an hour later and tells me that he has just removed the paper I stuck under the low e and a strings to shim it up at the nut and he could not even sell the guitar like that because it sounded so bad. So do you think if fender had actually received this guitar do you think they would have noticed the paper during the evaluation? I certainly do.
Yeah, I understand it's shades of grey, not black and white, but even if he's the nicest guy in the world, he's still responsible for his employees. Maybe talking to him directly would be an easier way of dealing with it, as, even if he was a complete shister, he'd have a convenient excuse he could use. You didn't mention the shim before, either ;)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2