Clear all

One of the greatest days of my life.

13 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok so the day started when i went to best buy. I had with me a 20 dollar off coupon and a 50 dollar gift certificate. I got 5 dvd's for 95 cents together lol.

Jimi plays berkely
Jimi at the isle of wight
srv live at mocombo
and the 2 dvd led zeppelin set.

then my dad was like "lets go down to sam ash" so we went and i tryed out a few american deluxe strats, a 50th anniversary strat and a prs. my dad then said "ther eis nothing here lets stop by guitar center" so we go and i walk into the fender room. both mine and my dad's eyes land on an olympic white strat with a maple neck. Its an american strat, we look at the price and its used, $500 dollers, excelent condition.

i plug her in and i was blown away by the sound, it sounded like the american deluxes, and it was in the color ive always wanted, olympic white, with the neck i perfer, maple. My dad said we are never gonna find a deal like this again, so my dads like "were taking it" and there you go, we bought it. a 1988 fender american strat, olympic white with maple neck.

and get this, free case, free strings, and free guitar strap included 8)

pics are below

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@arcmage)
Trusted Member

Looks like a great deal and the guitar looks to be in top notch condition. I'll be looking for your next video. I'm sure you will be showing it in action ;)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

xSSx

Congratulations, she's a beauty!

Make sure to tell your Dad thank you.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I highly recomend the Led Zeppelin DVD, it is most excellent. I've even made my own sound track out of the audio from my copy and made them into .mp3's.

Anyway, be sure to check out all the menus. There's really no easter eggs, but there's lots of cool stuff on them. Even a full version of The Song Remains The Same, though the video is really fuzzy.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I agree with Wes, 1000%!!!!!!!!! If I were you, I would cut the grass for the rest of my life!!!! (o.k. untill your married anyway :P ) You have a great Dad!

It's weird how things work out. You said you were looking for that type of axe for at least a month if not longer.

And by the way, You HAVE!!! to give us a review on the - SRV Live at Mocombo. I'm sure it's a great DVD because it's SRV but, my brother keeps telling me I have to get it but, I can't find it!

Keep jammin'!!!

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Yeah isnt amazing what parents will do? Great deal on a great guitar. lol and the DVD's. I don't know if you saw the post but exactly one week ago.. well... one week and one day cuz its 12:18 a.m. I walked into Guitar Center expecting to get a quote on a used epi LP and walked out with a brand new epi LP for $450, I think its still listed if you wanna read it, its really long. BTW I gave a title to the post almost exactly to what you gave your post lol kinda freaky eh? Well, great deal man can't wait to hear the next sound clip from you with the guitar! Just be sure to thank your dad a lot!

bstguitarist
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@palehorse)
Eminent Member

Very very nice! My new strat has a maple neck too, looks a lot like yours except it is black, with white pick guard.

8)

----------------------------------------------
Life is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra that suddenly flips over pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol bst, for a while, i thought it was the same thread, so i didnt bother checking it again, much to my suprise, it was different!

congrats on the new guitar, looks wonderful.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Now make it sing.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

im taking it to my guitar lesson today, i wanna se what my guitar teacher thinks, he has a 2002 american deluxe strat.

time to change the pic in my sig.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Nice axe!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@adam-h)

nice man! very nice!

im glad for you, but i had to scrounge up money for my guitar 8)

i should really take a picture of it or somthing, its a cool guitar

ReplyQuote