3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,
As I stated in my introduction I am new to this instrument and currently being self taught through online courses. The problem is all of the lessons that I find are Rock based. Is anyone using R&B to teach the basics?

I saw some BB King lesson, but they are more like interviews. and for more advanced players.

I like Rock, but I like R&B better.

:mrgreen: :note1: :mrgreen:

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

(@alangreen)

I typed "rhythm and blues guitar lessons beginners" into Youtube and it brought back 168,000 results - so the stuff is out there.

There's a lot of common ground between R&B and Rock - the I-IV-V sequences, use of Pentatonic scales and the 12-bar; so don't write off the rock material. And it's always good to look at lots of different genres anyway.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Alan,

I now feel stupid, because I was searching R&B, not rhythm and blues. I steal don't find a lot for absolute beginners, but more then before. Thanks for the advice.

PS: As I said, I do like Rock, mostly Classic, Adult Alternative, and English Beat, but R&B is my favorite. I am most inspired by Prince, BB King, and Johnny Guitar Watson. I do like Clapton, Van Halen, and
Pete Townshend, but I feel R&B...

Now it's time for me to learn to bring those feelings out...

:note1: :note2: :wink: :note2: :note1:

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

ReplyQuote