Clear all

Pedal pushing.........

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is an annoying, "what shall i buy" post, for which i apologise.

Basically, with christmas coming up i thought id have a browse of pedals to buy, as i dont have one for my geetar and thought 1 or 2 could b fun.

I play a lot of rock and metal, so basically looking for something along those lines. Have reverd delay flange and chrus built inot amp.

Also wondered about an acoustic emulator (?) basically something to make my electric sound like an acoustic, i think they exist!

Anyway, just throw any ideas towards me and i will do the research and testing!

Rob

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Boss Pedals

Just go to gear and pedals. You can do audio demo's for each pedal.

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

floyd the golfer: ,Also wondered about an acoustic emulator (?) basically something to make my electric sound like an acoustic, i think they exist!

ok i have one of thos but it isnt just a seperate machine i have this fun little pedal board i picked it up for 300$ baiscally one of the effects is an acoustic mode...its a neat little machine very powerful...aswell u can also make ur normal electric go down an octave and u can play bass lines then record them..aswlell as go up an octave ....it has one main pedal but u can switch the pedal to store different effects and you can save 30 of ur own combinations of effects...the board contains i think 20 modulatiions 20 distortions and 20 delay effects which can be mixed together to make a shit load of different combinations the board is a BOSS ME50

check it out at this site:

http://www.music123.com/Boss-ME50-i95421.music

they have the price at 295$ american you may be able to do a little better

hope this helps you :)

(or of course u can by an acoustic)

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Line 6 has their version now:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/150394/

BOSS pedals are really good but there's a whole bunch of 'botique' brands out now. I've heard good things about the Marshall line and Digitech I think has some pedals. Line 6 again, has pedals that have various components of their PODs so that might be worth investigating.

One thing you might do to get an acoustic type sound is get one of those Fishman piezo electric bridges. I think there's another company that makes them as well, but it's basically piezo transducer saddles on an electric type bridge - not a bad idea. It would probably make the acoustic simulators sound better too.

Check them out though and have fun doing it!

Take care.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

An Equalizer or two would be what I'd put high on the list.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Don't know much about metal, but I think a compressor/sustainer might help for that sound... after the EQ.
Volume pedals can be useful, especially if you have trouble playing and twiddling knobs at the same time, like I do.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member

I bought the BOSS Acoustic Simulator pedal and found it very disappointing. I have other effects that simulate an acoustic much better.

Harmony-Central user reviews of the BOSS are also of the same opinion - I would not recommend it.

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Back in my rock days I used a pedal called the "metal master", if your into metal, and you want to be the master of metal, it could be the pedal for you. Cant remember for the life of me who made it, but it was black and it ROCKED.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Holy crap, christmas is coming up!

That wasnt sarcastic or even sardonic. I actually totally forgot about it.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cool guys thats for the replies, I found a Behringer v-amp which looks quite cool, and the Heavy metal master from digitech! also the Line6 guitar port. Anyone ever used those?

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

ReplyQuote