Notifications
Clear all

Peter Finger's Wishbone Ash -- hollow-body and other random

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@wurtzless)
Topic starter  

Does anyone have the tab to Peter Finger's "Wishbone Ash"? It was on a "Art of Fingerstyle Guitar" CD that came out in the early nineties. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. When I first heard this song I was blown away. I understand it's probably insanely hard, but it would be something to strive for.

I've only been playing for about five or so months, and I've slowly gravitated towards fingerstyle guitar. I can play Classical Gas and I'm moving on toward Romance De Los Pinos(sp?), which is a beautiful song as well.

I'm currently playing acoustic, and I was wondering, supposing I were to purchase a hollow-body guitar in the future, how well would the songs I've learned, like Classical Gas, sound? Would I just be better off buying a higher end acoustic? Or can anyone sound like Chet Atkins? ;)

And last but not least, anyone have any recommendations in the vein of Finger's Wishbone Ash/Classical Gas/Romance De Los Pinos?

Thanks in advance.

(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

There's a whole world of classical guitar out there, of both the slower more expressive and blazing fast virtuosic variety. Check out Mendelssohn's Canzonetta, Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez, and Albeniz's Asturias. Those are some of my favorites (to listen--I'm new to guitar), but some of them probably require techniques different from standard fingerstyle stuff.

~Sam

ReplyQuote