Skip to content
Piano music...? huh...

Notifications
Clear all

Piano music...? huh....this is a guitar site!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@virgel-cane)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I play guitar, my wife, the piano. We try to play together but are having trouble finding music for the piano. Anyone know of a site that is simular to the many guitar sites where one can get the words and chord for a song but for piano..?

Thanks.

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well, I've seen sites with piano TAB, but it's not sheet music. Piano tab basically tells you what notes to play in what octave: however it is tricky to read at first and it usaully has no rhythm indications but it is better than no music at all.

Http://www.taborama.com has a fair selection of piano/keyboard tabs.

There are MANY sites with piano sheet music but it does cost money.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@vempyre)
Trusted Member

if you're desperate, you can find some of the more poppy sheet music when searching on limewire or some similar program...

ReplyQuote
(@oldiron)
Estimable Member

Try http://www.scotthouston.com/ and get his fake book. You have to know your cords because he charts the cords for the keyboard. My wife and I have been using his material with good results.

I may be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride. (Jerry Garcea)

ReplyQuote
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

songs with a piano part, in powertab, are transcribed as a guitar, so if you get powertab software, then find the tab, a piano part (should be) transcribed there, it has tab and sheet music above it so your wife will be able to read it..

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Huh? I'm missing something. Just about every song ever written can be bought for piano, with lyrics and guitar chords. The catalogs are thicker than a NYC phone book.

Unless you were looking for free, and then the problem is that it's so cheap to buy ($1/song), and there is plenty of availability, that it's not worth anyone's time to transcribe it.

TAB really/probably started because the piano books didn't transcribe the guitar solos.

-Laz

ReplyQuote