Notifications
Clear all

Play Guitar Magazine

19 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Do you say: "we appreciate the order, and we'll probably be around to deliver..."

Yes. Which is why I probably won't start a business like that I guess. Taking a risk is fine, and risking your own misfortune for a chance to earn an independant living is cool as well. But taking chances with other people's money without telling them so is not cool. Just because they lose more then the people they steal from doesn't make it okay, it just makes them unsucessfull thieves. It still seems very, very unethical to me. Maybe legal, maybe 'logical', possibly even 'smart'. But it's still lying. Maybe they aren't thieves technically but at the very least I bet they can't make a good soup...

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Well then that explains the copy of Acoustic Guitar that I recently received. Guess I missed the explanatory note.

That's too bad--Play Guitar magazine was about the only guitar mag that wasn't mostly over my head.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rmorash)
Estimable Member

As a subscriber to Acoustic Guitar, I was rather happy to see two extra departments added to the magazine. I'd pick up Play Guitar once in awhile and always got something out of the magazine. The Editor's Note in the Sept issue of Acoustic Guitar (page 10) stated that "30-minute Lesson" and "Practicing" were added from Play Guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I don't much more than what's been hashed out here and I have to say I'm very sad to see Play Guitar! Magazine disappear from the newstands. The folks at String Letter Publishing, unlike a lot of publishers, have a clear idea of who their readership is and try to cater to them as much as possible. And while incorporating some new and beginner friendly departments to Acoustic Guitar, I do feel the beginning guitarist is getting left out.

Perhaps it's knowing that no one stays a beginning guitarist forever and they already were foreseeing a big drop in readership? No idea...

But I can tell you that if you write (even via email) to the editors at String Letter, they will take your comments seriously. So have a go at it if you feel strongly enough about bringing Play Guitar! (or another like minded magazine) back.

Oh, and thanks for all the kudos Tom and I have received for our articles. The editors were kind enough to pass along all the ones for me and I appreciate hearing from everyone.

Peace

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2