Clear all

Playing Lead While Singing

18 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey Joe, I like what you said... I probably would sound great in space!!! LOL. By the way, I agree w/ you on the Eminem song!

ReplyQuote
(@deadformat)

I sing lead vocals in my band and also cover many of the lead parts that are played while singing. We have another guitarist, but I write the music, so sometimes it's just easier for me to cover the leads while singing since I'm more familiar with the songs, although I don't cover all the leads.
Also, when I say I play leads while singing, I'm not referring to rhythmic sections, or notes that just follow the vocal melody, but rather completely independent lead sections.

I've found that finding where a word lines up in relation to the lead section helps me learn to play leads while singing, but I've got a real knack for it I suppose, because sometimes I get it down right on the first try. Sometimes I kind of surprise myself because I'm not sure why it comes so easy for me (relatively speaking). But it's definitely a plus because I love singing and I love playing sick leads! :D

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I sing lead vocals in my band and also cover many of the lead parts that are played while singing. We have another guitarist, but I write the music, so sometimes it's just easier for me to cover the leads while singing since I'm more familiar with the songs, although I don't cover all the leads.
Also, when I say I play leads while singing, I'm not referring to rhythmic sections, or notes that just follow the vocal melody, but rather completely independent lead sections.

I've found that finding where a word lines up in relation to the lead section helps me learn to play leads while singing, but I've got a real knack for it I suppose, because sometimes I get it down right on the first try. Sometimes I kind of surprise myself because I'm not sure why it comes so easy for me (relatively speaking). But it's definitely a plus because I love singing and I love playing sick leads! :D

Yo Dead Format, Do you have any examples of you singing and playing lead at the same time? Would love to hear it!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2