Pleck Machine

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, if anyone read my guitar maintenance post lately, I told a rather embarrassing story about how my blood sugar was low. I decided to tune my guitar anyway, I over tightened, and the result was a bad buzzing sound on the 12th fret.

Took the guitar to the shop and they ended up putting the guitar on a "Pleck Machine". Now, I am not sure what this machine does but the guitar I am talking about is my $120 Montana acoustic. The procedure normally cost $120-130 bucks by itself. My guitar now sounds incredible. Supposedly, there arent too many of these pleck machines around and they cost well over $50k to purchase. This cheap guitar sounds beautiful now.

Anyone know what a pleck machine does? I'm curious how something could make such a difference in sound.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know what a pleck machine does? I'm curious how something could make such a difference in sound.

Geoo

Bah, found my own answer to what a Plek machine does here.

http://www.plek.com/index.php?master=FAQ%27s&rubID=19&sprache=#a6

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Have yet to see a bad review of the Plek. Everyone seems pretty satisfied by the results.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

woweth!

probably gonna have a hard time finding a repair shop near me with one of those.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote