Clear all

Pleeeaaaassssse Help

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Somebody please help me and tell me the name of the first song this guy is playing. Its driving me crazy not being able to name it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCEOgxUd3A . Its on the tip of my tongue and has been there for three days now :twisted: :twisted:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

(@dave-b)

Come As You Are - Nirvana

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thankyou Dave !!!!!!!!

Don't you just hate it when you get complete and utter brain-fade :oops:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That's cool I need one of those what was he using I didn't catch it a Boss something?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

It's basically a "Looper". There are at least 4 different brands out there. If you really want to know how bad your timing is give one a play.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

A&L,

do you know the model numbers manufacturers?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ab0msnwman)
Estimable Member

i have one

they are absolutely wonderful for practicing

i use it a lot to play progressions and try out leads over them

highly recommended, but i think there are better ones out there (digitech) then the boss one which is now a little dated

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

It's basically a "Looper". There are at least 4 different brands out there. If you really want to know how bad your timing is give one a play.
I've never tried one, but I thought it lets your record something so that you can loop that and play other things over it..how does it show off problems in your timing? (Any more than recording something, I mean.. )

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I've never tried one, but I thought it lets your record something so that you can loop that and play other things over it..how does it show off problems in your timing? (Any more than recording something, I mean.. )

When you make the loop you use a foot switch to initiate it. If your not exact where you hit the switch your loop will have a little silence or you'll cut your loop short, not to mention if your rythym isn't exact you hear it over and over and over...Believe me it's not as easy as it sounds.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

When you make the loop you use a foot switch to initiate it. ...Believe me it's not as easy as it sounds.

Got it ... I've done loops on the computer with Ableton Lite Live, but there usually I set the metronome and record the progression/play/re-record until it is just right. Also, I can cut out the areas outside the beats easily. In the case of the looper, I guess you have to do all this "more honestly" :-)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote