Clear all

PLS HELP!!!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I am trying to get into the electronica music scene, so I don't think that this is the right site, but I'm desperate.  I am  26 and used to be a book publicist, then did fashion and etc.  But I have always wanted to get into the house/electronica music scene. Not writing or playing, but maybe promoting it, doing special events such as the dancestar awards.  And I don't wanna do nightclub promoting.  Can anyone point me to the right direction???  

Much thanks,
???  :'(

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Such a helpful monkey, isn't he?  And so kind to visitors too...

I did a little checking for you, and dancestar does their own promotion.  You should probably contact the PR director as a starting point -- that's Robyn Ross in the US: [email protected] or Vanessa Amadi in the UK: [email protected]

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Don't forget it's often a matter of both contacts and education. Try to get your hands on as many books, articles and trade publications as you can so that you can have a clear idea as to what you want to do. If you go up to a potential contact with only a vague goal, chances are he or she might not be able to steer you to the most helpful person.

It's up to you to make yourself as much an expert as you can under the circumstances. And by "expert" I mean to learn what you can and to be fully aware of what you need to learn.

Best of luck and if I run into any names or sites, I'll pass them along.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Many thanks to all!!!  I will drop an e-mail to robyn with my gathered thoughts.  The thing is that my father was a dj...go figure... And maybe that's when my love for music began.  I was born and raised in Europe and that's another reason why I love electronica music.  It's not as popular here in America.  But then I went to college, did an internship at VH1, and then tried to do the proper thing of getting a realistic job in publicity or fashion.  My father wasn't very supportive of the music thing, well as far as working in that field.  So now I'm here years later still thinking about it.  I also ended up volunteering for the Billboard Music Summit in September here in NYC, and became sort of discouraged due to the fact that all everyone was talking about that there's no $ in the electronica music scene.   But I gotta get in somehow, because everything in my body is telling me to do it, and I need to do something immeadiately before my time is up.  I will keep you all posted. ;)

ReplyQuote