Skip to content
poly finish crack o...

Notifications
Clear all

poly finish crack on new (1 year old) am dlx. strat?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

recently posted about 1/4" hairline crack on ledge above neck plate...was told it is almost certainly a finish crack and is common around the neck plate area...is this true of modern poly finishes though?...it is almost straight 1/4" long, can see a bit of white in it...it is very small...i got a tour coming up...will it affect tuning stability or get worse (say even if it is a wood crack!)...am i obsessing way too much over the first mark on my first american strat?...should i be unconcerned?...unfortunately i can't get into see a fender tech until after i have to play these dates

again..;a hairline crack above neck plate right of center...starting just above plate, going up over angle to ledge ...stopping before meeting back of the neck... my wife (who's not a player) sez looks like a finish crack to her...but i worry esp. it being my baby and going on the road...thanks for your help and input! i appreciate it.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Boy I( think I'd cancel the tour and put that thing out to pasture! Seriously I don't think I'd worry about it for piece of mind bing another axe along in case some does booger up.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote