Clear all

Pony up fellas!

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This site does not pay for itself. Everyone that has learned something from it should support it. See the home page for the donation link.

(@virgel-cane)
Eminent Member

I don't mind chippin' in yet I'd like to know where the moola is going. Like how much does it cost to run this site, how much is in the kitty now and when does the rent come due again.
I do like this place alot so I don't mind paying my dues, just gimmy some numbers.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't think Paul gives out those numbers. But the bandwidth costs alone must be pretty steep. We get 15 million hits a month and counting.

David's lesson for Absolute beginners gets downloaded more than 32,000 times each and every month. That's one lesson.

Heck even my lessons on singing and songwriting get download roughly 10,000 times a month.

But like I say, the cost of one, one hour lesson is more than $25, a pack of Elixirs is $13, a good magazine is $5. Is that too much to ask in return for what you get here?

Contribute what you can. If everyone who reads the site this month contributed $1, it would pay for the whole thing for the year.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Thanks for posting this reminder. I keep forgetting to do it so I just went and did it.

It's real easy if you have PayPal or a credit card. And, it's relatively painless since it is a small amount that will disappear within your larger Christmas shopping charges :D

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Yeah, I love paypal, takes less than a min to use.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Thank you to everyone who has sent money this year. I have been too busy to send out individual thank you notes. I want you to know that every little bit helps.

All the money donated goes towards running the site and keeping it online for another year.

Thanks again everyone. :D

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

I'll gladly send you £20 but how do i do it from the uk?

For a minute there, I thought we all going for what you guys term a "dump" seeing as Pony and Trap is rhyming slang for cr*p.

So give me the how, and i'll give you the moolah

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

By the way, I want everyone to know that I am no way connected to this site other than being a regular user. I happen to like it; that's all.

If you click on the donation link there are clear instructions on how to donate.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@madone)

I just started to "play" (if you can call it that) a month ago. I'd have to say without this site...I would be so much worse off. The lessons, articles, and forum are great. I am happy to support this site, thanks for the reminder!

"If I could play guitar, it'd be a miracle"

ReplyQuote
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

I just chipped in $10. I feel that this is the best interactive guitar related site on the web where others can post questions learn more about the instrument. I personally value the content of the forums, lessons, and the articles and I think this effort should be rewarded with our support.

I hope with my donation helps this site continue to stay online and continue to grow over the years to come. Keep up the good work Guitar Noise and I will continue to spread the word about the site.

Tommy Guns!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Tommy Guns and all who have contributed,

Thanks, it really does help.

ReplyQuote