Clear all

Power Tab Editor 1.7 Question

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but....

I'm using Power Tab Editor 1.7, and when I reopened a document I made and saved last night, all the (standard notation) notes are gone, with only the stems left. The tablature below is intact.

Upon opening a new, blank PT document and putting in some tab numbers, the same thing happens above--stems but no notes. Some stems have a line attached to the bottom of the stem, but no note head.

I've tried closing them and reopening, and have looked around to see if I accidentally changed some setting, but can't seem to come up with anything.

This may not be significant, but there is a little # 1 to the left of the treble staff, and I don't recall seeing that before.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey, Power tab is a great tool, I use it about every day. I wish I knew what was wrong with yours. If it's persistant, I would reboot the computer, do a scan disk and defrag and then try again. If it still doesn't work right, you may need to back up your song files and uninstall and reinstall power tab.

Hope you up and running soon.

BOS

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Hi Margaret, I don't suppose what you seeing looks similar to this?

If so, then it sounds very much like a configuration issue with your Power Tab.

I'm not an expert on it so I'm not too sure what setting to look for but it certainly sounds like that rather than it being a fault with the program.

Good luck. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I know the older version of Power Tab had a font issue. Have you tried re installing your Power Tab program? I do believe 1.7 is the new version though. I love the program, I have found so many accurate transcriptions on line in Power Tab format. Power Tab has a web site with trouble shooting. Try here Margaret. http://groups.google.com/group/powertab-users/topics

Power Tabs site is http://www.power-tab.net/

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thank you all! I rebooted, and it appears to be working correctly now.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote