Clear all

Power Tab Help

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Is there any way to remove the sheet music portion of a powertab file when I print it out, or even just to view it?

Thanks in advance.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

(@denny)
Reputable Member

There might be, but having the actual notes will help put the TAB in perspective. It will show the actual notes that the TAB is representing. It's a nice little theory lesson.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I agree with Denny, that the standard notation is useful to have.

That said, I haven't found a way in Power Tab to print just the tab (or standard notation) either.

Guitar Pro can do it, though.
Download the free demo, import your Power Tab file directly into Guitar Pro, then go "view... hide standard notation" (or hide tab if you want just the standard notation), and then click "print".

I have the full version of Guitar Pro, but if I remember correctly, the only difference between it and the demo is the RSX sound engine is disabled in the demo, and the demo only works for 15 days.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Why? I think the notation is good also. If I may say, I'm a big fan of Power Tab. I have found I can even use it to make backing tracks. If it has the bass tab, I export it and remove all the guitar parts. I use Anvil Studio to do this and add drums and I have backing tracks to play along with. I have so much tab from guitar magazines but it is so hard to catalog. I can never find it when I want it. The Power Tab files are right on my computer, sorted by band and ready to be printed if and when needed. Best of all Power Tab is totally free.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I completely understand it's useful. I don't care, though. It would be useful if I could read it, or was in the process of learning how to read music, of which I'm doing neither. Perhaps some day I will care to read it, but until then it's in the way.

Why would I want to get rid of it? To save paper (it adds up: a 14 page song would suddenly become a 7 page song) and I find if I'm sight-reading tab it's easier if it's one continuous set of music, not one set I read than the next I ignore. Both of those options would help me remember a particular piece quicker.

I've already had the demo version of Guitar Pro, I prefer the free PowerTab software (because it's free, obviously ;)). Thanks, though.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote