Clear all

Problems........

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok. As you guys know from before I'm a solo guy. I've learned the major and minor pentatonics (thanks to taso) and like 3 blues scales. I also know quiet riots " come on feel the noise" solo PERFECT. I can play bad companys " feel like making love" bluesy solo to. I am currently taking lessons and have been at my local music shop for about a month now. I'm really starting to notice my real TASTE in soloing. The blues. Man, listening to eric, jimi, stevie, just sounds so good. I love that down south blues soloing. Speedie solos like van halen and randy are SWEET but there just not as fun or intresting to play as blues. Now that i know a couple scales, take lessons, and listen to ALOT of music what should be my next step in mastering soloing??? My problem is turning the simple scale into a smokin solo. I just need so help pointed in the right direction. Im getting tired of learning other peoples solos, i want to make them now. Thx for any replies. -JD :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@alangreen)

A logical step would be to start writing your own

I found a couple of websites a year or so back that had some decent backing loops you could download and use to practice your own solos over. I haven't got the links around here, having just downloaded the loops and used them, but something should come up on a google search

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

http://www.guitarbt.com

Take a track and play over it. Listen real closely and stop once you hear yourself play something good. Play it again over the same part of the track, write it down and compare what you played with the notes from the chord you just played over. Continue until you've got a fair ammount of good sounding licks.

Now start playing them in other places on the neck. Use slides instead of bends and the other way around. Play them in other keys. It's just a matter of hard work: keep on playing and you'll get better and better as long as you think about what you've done, what you're doing and what you should do the next couple of measures.

The ultimate goal is to play whatever melody is in your head. To make a long story short: play your scales in as many different ways until you know what it will sound like way before your finger even considers hitting that note. Join the jam groups in the 'live jams' forum, they are a great place to learn just this.

ReplyQuote