Clear all

Qs about the Korg Pandoras

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So I bought a Korg Pandora...used...$20...on ebay. Little did I know, it was a bass model. The ebay description didnt note that and I didnt know the difference, so i didnt know it was for bass. Ive emailed the seller with my complaint.

Anyways, I would like to keep it at least for my beat up bass, but can I use it for my guitar rig? Will it damage things? or can i just use it to make funky guitar sounds?

Suggestions or insight into this little contraption are welcome.

Thanks guys

brian

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@hawken)
Trusted Member

I've got a normal one and I like it. Cool little tool that is very portable and easy to use. But you're going to drop more like $130 - $150 on a decent one for regular guitar. Didn't even know they made one for bass.

I learned some tricks about mine by doing Google searches, reading Harmony-central reviews, and going to the Korg site.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/152188/

thats the one i just bought. only significantly cheaper

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

$20 is a great price. Is this a PX3B or PX4B? It should not hurt your guitar. I use my PX4 (for guitar) with my bass. Not exactly the same situation, but somewhat telling.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

it's a px4b...for bass. it sounds ok with the guitar, i guess ill have to learn to fiddle with it.

ReplyQuote
(@slipkid)
Eminent Member

The only gripe I have on mine is it's non ease of use.
I think Mr. Spock would have trouble with this one.
The trick is to use it often enough that you can remember the procedure.

Ovation....
Belly up to the bowl boys!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

you just got an awesome deal...I'm jealous :p

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Might not be what you were after, but for $20 you've got a whole bunch of slightly different and new sounds.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Whole heartedly agree with Arjen.

I doubt if you'll find some one on this site that hasn't spent more and gotten less.

If ya don't like it you can always put it back up on EBay and get the $20 bucks back. You might even make more.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh I'm gonna keep it, if just for the drum beats it has in there. It's really fun to play with, even though it's ease of use is anything but easy. My only complaint is that my guitar sounds a little muddy through it, i guess that's cos it's a bass model. I figure, people use bass amps for their guitar, so i guess the bass amp models on it can't sound bad (and they really don't) and some of those effects are pretty neat. And I can loop! but i havent figured out how to do that yet.

The seller doesn't really seem to care about my complaint. He said sorry I'm disappointed, but it's not his fault. Personally, I disagree, but I don't really think i have much of an angle to fight him for it. I've argued that if he had given a more accurate description, i.e. more than just "This is a korg REMS, please bid," I would not have bid on it. He didn't even bother to list the model number. But whatever, I shouldn't be mad, it was only $20. hehehe

I'm off to have fun with it now.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I agree with you. This item was poorly listed. If he was a guitar or bass player he would have known to list it properly. The only thing on the Pandora besides the words TONEWORKS and KORG is REMS. That he put REMS in the listing indicates that he knows nothing of the PX4B. Who knows, might have been stolen goods. Give him a bad review on EBay. He'll really hate that.

Korg differentiates the bass Pandora with a B in the model number.

REMS stands for Resonant structure and Electronic circuit Modeling System. Which is KORG propietary modeling software.

Best thing to do is to have fun with it. Go to the KORG website and get the owners manual.

Treat it as a $20 lesson. Before I bid on anything on EBay I research the product on the mfg's website if possible. Then find what the market price is for new and read a spatering of reviews about it.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Don't you've got his phone number or adress? Plenty of funny, but relatively harmless, things you can do in that case... :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

well I tried to research, but when i found no model called REMS i got confused. and i figured beings i was putting in a low bid, then i didnt care. He says he's not a musician...that's great, but you only need to know how to read to give me a model. It's still a great little piece of fun. It sounds pretty funky and is good for practice. But yes, I am going to give him a negative feedback on it, if only because im not pleased with the way he responded to my complaint. As a seller it's your responsibility to present the item for sale with all possible information...something he didnt do. He didnt even have a picture of the back of the unit.

and im totally amazed at how confusing this little plastic device is...

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So yeah, I contacted the seller about my issue. He had listed the item as "Korg REMS" and when I complained, he basically said i'm sorry but too bad, and goodbye. So, thinking that was the end of it, I gave him negative feedback. Then he emailed me again, we argued for a few emails, and I finally convinved him that he was wrong, and he got mad at me and gave me a negative feedback.

I think that's very unwarranted. I paid swiftly, and I lodged my complaint in an orderly manner. and his feedback comment was "ISNT IT GOOD TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE YOUR SCREWUPS ARE EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT" or something to that effect.

Ok I know this isn't guitar related, but can I contest this feedback with ebay?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2