Notifications
Clear all

Question about epiphone les pauls

27 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member

Hey, i love my new epi les paul standard plus. But how come no one here mentioned it? Its a epi les paul standard plus, Trans amber. i love it.

Mikey

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

I have a blackbeauty and my brother has a standard and they are both excellent guitars.The range (in order of quality/price goes something like this:

special
studio
classic
standard
custom
signature eg:zakk wylde,john connelly etc
elitist

The "standard" and "custom" models are now fitted with grover tuners and gibson pickups and are about as close as you can get to a gibson les paul.A friend of mine has one of the cheaper Gibson models and says the Epiphones are just as good if not better to play.
Hope this helps
cheers
daz.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@travioli)
Topic starter  

thanks for all the replies, and i think i'm gonna look at a standard.

ReplyQuote
(@modestcargo)
Eminent Member

gibson pickups
No sir, they are "gibson designed" pickups, certainly not made anywhere near the USA.

Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul 3-pickup (Hawk)
Marshall DSL401 run on clean channel

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

certainly not made anywhere near the USA.

And thats a bad thing?

playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

Hey, i love my new epi les paul standard plus. But how come no one here mentioned it? Its a epi les paul standard plus, Trans amber. i love it.

Mikey

Hi Mikey,
This might sound like a stupid question but what colour is your "transamber" I cant find one in my local stores and all the pictures on the net make the guitar look like a horrible yellow colour not the rich orangy colour like PRS etc.Have you got any pics you could post?
thanks
daz

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

This might sound like a stupid question but what colour is your "transamber" I cant find one in my local stores and all the pictures on the net make the guitar look like a horrible yellow colour not the rich orangy colour like PRS etc.Have you got any pics you could post?
I obviously can't post pics for him, but I can (hopefully) clarify that "transamber" means Translucent Amber, essentially an orangy yellow that you can see the grain of the wood through. Like almost all guitar finishes, the intensity varies from guitar to guitar and is also affected by the color of the wood underneath, which (again) generally varies slightly from guitar to guitar.

The best advice, not only about this but many things guitar related, is to buy it in person so you know precisely what you're getting.

The center of my guitar might well be considered translucent amber:

And so might this PRS - notice how different it is. Basically, guitar makers don't like to say yellow: it's not pretty. Amber has more positive connotations.

Of course, these guitars are bursted to different colors and have different colored hardware and different shapes, all of which make the appearance of a given color seem different.

Again: See it in person before you buy.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member

hey, im trying to get my film developed soon and put onto a disk, but it looks alot similar to undercats, but all the orangey yellow color.

Mikey

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'll add that my Classic Plus has Grover tuners. So not just the Standards and above that come with those I guess. Mine stays in tune for days.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I'll add that my Classic Plus has Grover tuners. So not just the Standards and above that come with those I guess. Mine stays in tune for days.

Jason
The Classic plus is above the standard. The custom is just below the classic and it has grovers also.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member

the classic plus is above the custom? Im not so sure. It goes:
-special
-studio
-classic
-classic plus
-standard
-standard plus
-custom
-custom plus
-signatures
-elitist

My standard plus also comes with grovers, i love em.

Mikey

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member

o wait, sorry nils, you were right, the classic plus is above the plain standard

sorry

Mikey

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2