Clear all

Question about Peavey Classic 30

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, Lately I've been considering getting a Peavey Classic 30. The only main issue I've heard about it is that the tubes are exposed in the back so they can be easily broken. Do peavey's new classic 30's come with some kind of guard?, cause I heard that somewhere, but it wasnt a very reliable source Thanks. I'm waiting for my shop to get some in, but i'd like to know in the meantime.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@english-one)
Estimable Member

I don't think it's too much of a problem, so long as your careful with it. The tubes may be exposed, but they are not standing proud of the amp.

However, if it does worry you, try checking the peavey website, or even see if you can purchase some sort of guard (or just make one yourself?)

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tube Guard

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@uraliss)

im sure mine came with a guard....

its not here at the moment but will check it out when i practice again.

ReplyQuote
(@larro123)
Eminent Member

That same guard is for sale on ebay too. Same price $20. plus $6. shipping.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for that tubeguard website, will keep in favorites.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Nice link, Wes. Neat product and a must have when transporting that amp. I'd be scared of breaking tubes.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote