Clear all

Quick Suggestions Requested

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am looking for an audio interface for my computer. I would like to be able to record my acoustic guitar straight with going through a mixer or preamp. That having been said, I have a "watched" eBay item ending soon that I think I'll purhcase unless I get any suggestions (a Samson C01u usb condenser microphone.)

Does anyone know any cheap audio-interfaces that don't require mixer or preamp as part of the chain (ie. that have their own xlr or 1/4" jacks)? I mean cheap, like less than $150 USD MAX. Other than the M Audio Fast Track also please. Thanks guys :) Any help is appreciated.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Have you seen this thread? http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=19747

It is $199 but it includes the M-Audio Mobile PreUSB and the MXL 990/991 dual mic pack

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

E-MU 0404 $100.00

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

E-MU 0404 $100.00

Can I plug a microphone directly into it?

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

1/4 in jacks, optical and midi, real time proccessing

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=505&subcategory=491&product=10447

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I considered the 0404. I considered the Samson C01u again. I considered getting an Audio Buddy pre-amp and running that through a cheap yet 24-bit Creative soundcard.

Then, I spotted something on eBay. A used PreUSB (the older blue model, but I think it has the same hardware.)

So I get the ability to record with two mics if I want to later on, and I get a balanced connection with preamps. And it cost me ~$124 CND with shipping (somewhere around the cost of a new 0404 or Fast Track USB both which have unbalanced connections.)

ReplyQuote