Skip to content
radiohead fake plas...

Notifications
Clear all

radiohead fake plastic trees help please!!!!

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

hi all

I am trying to conquer this fantastic song, but every tab I look at varies enourmously. Has anyone got the official tab book for this, in particular does the section "it wears her out" go to 7x0770 and x76500 or is that rubbish??

for the verses I have

A Asus4 Dmaj9/F# (x02220, x02230 and 2x0220)
for the "green plastic watering can" part
followed by
E6 and Dsus2 for "rubberplant (022120 and xx0230 respectively)
then either
Bm11 and A for "it wears her out" (2x0230 and x0222)

but some tabs suggest that at some stage you slide up to the 7x0770 bit i have out at the top.

If someone can help i will post the entire thing on the ESD

cheers

Matt

(@reasonableman)
Trusted Member

I have the official song book and it doesn't mention anything about going up to the 7th fret.

However Radiohead do have eleventy-billion guitars so the TAB could be trying to incorporate that. But listening to the song I don't hear it, but there is an organ in some places...

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

My advice is to take a bunch of tabs, slap them together, and play it the way it sounds right. Don't try to copy Radiohead because, and I'll save you the suspense here, you can't. They are one of those bands where there is no possible way to mimick them note for note because there is too much passion and emotion. I play a ton of their songs, but I don't play them to sound like the album, I incorporate how Im feeling and how I interpret the song into my playing.

Just my $.02 though.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@moebags)

I've seen Thom Yorke play it live and he plays the Bm11 and A for that part. I don't know what Jonny or Ed do, though. I've always played it that way.

A little trivia: Thom burst out crying after recording his vocals and rhythm and that's the take the used on the album. :)

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I've seen Thom Yorke play it live and he plays the Bm11 and A for that part. I don't know what Jonny or Ed do, though. I've always played it that way.

A little trivia: Thom burst out crying after recording his vocals and rhythm and that's the take the used on the album. :)

Little more trivia, he did that after going to a Jeff Buckley show. After the concert they went to the studio and recorded it.

On a related Radiohead note, I found a quote from Thom about Street Spirit and it may be the craziest thing I've ever heard anyone say about any song. I'll look for it later and post the link. I have it saved on my computer, but the language isn't GN appropriate.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I can not remember how I used to play this song, but I had it set up for one acoustic. Whenever anyone sang it, I'd get sad. And that thing about Thom crying is very cool, my sister told me once, I thought it was wicked.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I decided to throw this song into my encore tonight. I played it directly into Creep acoustic and by the end I was crying. I was staring at my best friend the entire time I was singing both and I could see her starting to cry while I was playing. It was intense.

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all the replies. I can really relate to the crying thing, its a very emotional song. I have a live acoustic version on CD and the vocals on it make the hairs on your neck stand up. Brilliant song.

And thanks for the advice too, I have been playing along to the live version and I am extremely close to getting it down pat. Its definitely the progression without the move up to the higher frets, at least for solo guitar.

Anyone know the tab for the really lovely little single note solo at the end?

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote