Clear all

Randy Rhoads, and the RR1.

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hello. Bare with me for this will be very long.

Ok, Basically Randy Rhoads is my guitar hero. I love him to death. I would say I am his biggest fan. His music touches me in amazing ways that other music doesnt. His beautiful revelation, dee, and Dairy of a madman gives me chills. I can escape from the bad things from my life through his music. I can feel my soul just moving through every one of his notes. I feel very very strongly about him. When times are rough The feeling of Mr.crowley or Mama I'm comin home can bring me to pure tears. I feel that his guitar playing and solos and chords almost every thing he does through a guitar makes my soul shake it makes my spirit move through music like Ive never expierenced. Zakk wylde and Jake E. Lee are amazing guitarists but it doesnt touch my SOUL like rr does. I dont know what it is. There's something about his playing that motivates me to play, motivates me to LIVE, motivates me to simply wake up every morning. I have sort of a rough life and Im not gonna get all into that but music and metal Help me cope with problems VERY well. I seem to escape from the so called real world into RR's music and drift away. Its crazy. It scares me sometimes My mom will come in my room when i have my head phones on lying in my bed listening to Mr. crowley and the solo makes my soul and feelings leave this universe My mother will have to shake me because Im breathing excessive and I cant be BROUGHT back into reality without the music stopping. You can call me crazy but I am extremly moved by him. Anyways, It only feels RIGHT to purchase HIS RR1 Guitar, not only do i love Jackson and all the reviews are 10/10 for like 200 people and all but I do have the LOGICAL side of me that kicks me in the face saying hey, 2,200 bucks is a little high. Please people any input would be fab. :?

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

my dream guitar would be any one of the prs dragon models. If I could spare the cash I would buy one. If you love the guitar then it's probably worth the cash.

that's just my 2 cents about your 220,000 cents. :wink:

oh if you do decide to buy it you should know that you can buy little rubber covers for the extreme points on the end of the v, they give it a fighting chance against getting chipped.

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

If you love him that much I'd buy it.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Thats alot of clams. If owning it will make a positive difference in your life, then i'd say its well worth it.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't know the guitar, I don't know you and I don't know much of your situation. If you feel like buying it do so, if you don't dont. I doubt most of us can give any exact suggestions.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Im pretty certain 'Mama I'm comming home' was Zakk Wydle seeing as Rhoads only recorded Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman, before dying, neither of which contain that song.
Anywho yeah, Rhandy was incredible. If you havnt got the live tribute CD then get it! The solo after Suicide Solution is insane!
I really hate it when ppl say Zakk Wydle was better...I just dont see hows theres any comparision? Two things piss me off in life
1) That RR died before being able to show the world more of his talent
2) That Jason Becker got ALS (kills off all his muscles) and so also couldnt show the world more of his talent...Though he is still composing from stuff in his head...But its not my kinda thing. I feel a similar way about Becker, as you do with RR (not quite as extreme though)
As for the guitar. Well if you can afford and Rhandy it is that important to you - buy it! Its obviously a great guitar
Oh and check these out:
http://youtube.com/results?search=rhoads&search_type=search_videos

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

MetallicaMan

I am almost afraid to write what I really think of your post, because I am afraid I will offend you, and that is not my intention at all.

But here goes.

MetallicaMan, you are too wrapped up in Randy Rhodes. I am sure if Randy were alive and you met him, he would tell you that he is just another ordinary person like yourself. Yes, he was an amazing guitar player. But I bet he would tell you that you also can be an amazing guitar player if you put the effort in.

I have found that most "great" people are very modest. I remember seeing Jimi Hendrix on a talk show way back in the 60's. The host made a remark about Jimi being the greatest guitar player in the world. Jimi just kinda smiled and said, "Well, let's just say I am the greatest guitar player sitting in this chair right now." Jimi did not think of himself as great.

John Lennon was known to get angry at fans who idolized him. He would often refuse to sign autographs, telling people he was just an average, ordinary person. He would tell people to quit looking at him and to go out and do something great for themselves.

It is good to have heros. They inspire and push you to achieve great goals yourself. But most of these great people do not really want to be idolized.

I am not putting you down at all. When I was young I was pretty wrapped up in some of my heros as well. So, I really do understand. It is good to look up to heros, but you must have a balance.

You say Randy Rhodes gives you a reason to live. That does not sound too good. You have lots of reasons to live. If you are religious, you have God to live for. You have your friends and family. And you have yourself. No one can walk in your shoes and live your life except you. Make the most of it. Make your own life count. Make it the best you can. Nobody else can or will do this for you.

Randy Rhodes is a good role model. Practice long hours like he did. Then you too will be a great guitar player. Whatever you do, do your best.

I hope this didn't offend you. I sincerely do not mean it to.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You can call me crazy

Consider it done! You're a lunatic, a nut, a freak, a wack job aaaaaaaaannnndddddd you're crazy!

Life is bigger than any one person, bro.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

there are people who say that I have such an obsession with Bono. I will not dispute that. I also have a strong desire to own his signature Gretsch Irish Falcon. But, I realize that Bono is not all there is in life. I don't really thing I idolize him, but I admire the hell out of him, i really do. like you, U2's music just lifts me away and makes things feel better when i'm hurtin' or just needing a little soothing. That's ok. But, it is important for me to realize that U2 is not the only thing I have goin for me. I have really good friends who care about me. My family, although they annoy me, is important too. and most of all, I have a wonderful girlfriend who admirably puts up with my Bono obsession and thinks it's the cutest thing in the world. so even though i have this strong fixation on Bono and the boys, I still recognize what exists outside of it and i live for that too. I don't want to sit around and stare at U2 posters and watch my U2 DVDs over and over again and think about how great the band is. instead, I go out and do my thing, i try to make my own music, and i try to make a difference in the lives of my students, who are all in need of a little help in that department.

moral: if you truly feel that Randy Rhodes is the only thing in the world for you, perhaps you may need to take a little inventory of your emotions and feelings. it's still ok for Mr. Rhodes to have a prominent spot in your life, but you need to strike out and make life your own, not Randy's.

everyone here on this board is not trying to offend you or put you down. we are a community here and we care. keep that in mind as you read all this.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I understand that you guys arent here to offend me. I must have givin you all the wrong idea. RR Is a huge man in my life. He helps me pursue guitar, and gives me the confidence to play harder. His music amazes me the way he playes for some reason gives me the chills and Takes me away from bad problems in IN my life. I do not live FOR him, I do not pray to him or anything. His music helps me throughout depression filled times, through angry times and helps me stay strong and pursue in not only guitar but in quite a few things in life. He is my #1 Role model, it feels as his music touches me. He is the strongest influence out of people ever to me. He does alot for me. I realize i have a family and friends he is NOT the ONLY reason i breathe. I too have a girlfriend that puts up with my rr obsession and thinks it is ALSO the cutest thing in the planet, small world... But yea, just had to clear somethings up.
:wink:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

I'm glad to see you've got it all in perspective. I think after reading your first post, people were concerned that RR was too big an influence on all of your life. Music has the ability to get us through hard times, sad times and add even more to the glad times. But it's just a part, not the whole of life.

Enjoy the music, listening and playing, but more important, enjoy all that's out there.

Ooops,sorry! Didn't mean to get all deep and sh**, my bad.

Dave

ReplyQuote