Clear all

really really fast strumming

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

For those of you who have access download the song "Hime" by a japanese artist called "miyavi" ( I found it on Lime Wire) This will help you to knwo what it is I am talking about. It is alos in his movie "oresama"

I have been trying to figure out how this guitar player does this for a long long time. He does something with his wrist and he strums the guitar very very very fast is sounds like one strum but you can tell its several. If anyone knows how this can be done, do i have to practice strumming or is there a certain technique that it has to be done with (like pinch harmonics)?

thanks art

(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I'd say practice slow and increase your speed. Another thing to work on is, when you do a strum you want to stop your pick right after it hits the last string and bring your pick back up and the same when your at the top. My guitar teacher corrected this problem for me. I would make a strum and then my hand would continue it's motion for another inch or so, which greatly kept me from being able to strum fast.

Just something you might want to look at.

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so just get it going tighter and tighter?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

you have to strum low to the strings

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

gorilla snot or really grippy picks help keep the pick from slipping away from your fingers.

ReplyQuote
(@lucam)
Eminent Member

maybe he uses a delay

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't know this song, but an oldie that had incredible strumming was The Question by The Moody Blues. That song will tire you out! 8)

Yep, just start slow and work up. Keeping your wrist relaxed is very important.

Another super fast strum song is Crackity Jones by the Pixies. :shock:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever heard the song I am talking about, I will download those songs. THx

ReplyQuote