Clear all

Recording Programs.

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@notyetnirvana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey, does anyone know of any (free :) ) programs used to mix sounds. For example, I record a track, then lay a lead piece over it? I'm sure you guys know what I mean. :?

NYN

"Me... In a Nuclear Power Plant?...... KABOOM! Hahahaha!" - Homer Simpson in Highschool.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Tip:

-Record first track.
-Play back track using something like winamp
-In the meantime record second track
-Use Audacity to mix them.

Using Audacity to play the first track while recording the second will give quite some problems. As a matter, I only use it to mix, the actual recording is done using Creative software.,

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Try here:

Shareware Music Machine

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Audacity can play back previously recorded tracks while you record new ones, so you don't need to bother messing with Winamp.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Paul: yes it can, but when recording tracks over it you'll find audacity is having problems multi-tasking, and the new file will end up slightly scewed.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Acid Music Express.

It's perfect for recording and mixing recorded music. As a bonus it's the easiest piece of recording software around.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Nick,

Is the Acid Music Express a shareware program or do you have to buy it?

Any idea of the cost?

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Chris,

I think this is it. They say it's Freeware - http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/SonicFoundryAcid/

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Paul: yes it can, but when recording tracks over it you'll find audacity is having problems multi-tasking, and the new file will end up slightly scewed.
No, I won't. Not to say it doesn't happen to some people (you, I assume), but I've never had trouble. If you're talking about a track synchronization problem, yes, but that's hyper-quick to fix with the time shifer tool (dragging the track to the left a little).

ReplyQuote
(@notyetnirvana)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks very much for the response, I appreciate it :)

NYN

"Me... In a Nuclear Power Plant?...... KABOOM! Hahahaha!" - Homer Simpson in Highschool.

ReplyQuote