Notifications
Clear all

Return of the Strat head acoustic

25 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Looks slightly disturbing. Like I've gone into that alternate universe where Mr. Spock has a goatee. But then nylon guitars disturb me what with their nylon strings and odd headstock. Or those oddly shaped British electric guitars which look like melted Strats.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Have one from the "previous generation" - a 1992 Newporter

Think it's kind of cool - and sounds good too IMO
Seems like they're constantly ending and starting up again the production of these guitars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I have the Fender San Luis Rey I purchased 15 years ago and it also has the Strat Headstock. I happen to like it alot.

Dude, and you still have the Fender plastic on the pickguard? Wow!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@homchz)
Eminent Member

Do not like them one bit. IMO Fender should stay out of the acoustic business, they make great electrics but just were not able to cross over well. I have never played one I liked. THhat being said, a friend of mine has one that he would not part with for the world. To each his own I guess.

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have the Fender San Luis Rey I purchased 15 years ago and it also has the Strat Headstock. I happen to like it alot.

Dude, and you still have the Fender plastic on the pickguard? Wow!

LOL! Actually when I first posted that picture about 7 months ago that's when I was told it had the plastic protecting on there! But yet it was there for 15 years and I just thought it was part of the pickguard! It has since been taken off!

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member

b.t.w. i really like these acoustic strat headstocks...they may look strange at first but they are very practical i find it way more convient having all tuners (ala fender) on the top side of the head....and the one i had for a 300 buck guitar sounded great!...some great footage in the 1966 Dylan "eat the document" movie documenting his (then) controversial first electric world tour with the hawks (the band), of him jamming on one of (i assume) the first such fender acoustics) with robbie robertson in a Glasgow hotel room.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

It does look odd, but I like it. Different.

The only Fender acoustic I have experience with is my new bubinga DG22s and I love it. Beautiful and sounds great. So I really don't understand the notion that Fender can't make good acoustics. Mine is a cheapy and is great. I'd like to think their more expensive stuff is even better.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

It does look odd, but I like it. Different.

The only Fender acoustic I have experience with is my new bubinga DG22s and I love it. Beautiful and sounds great. So I really don't understand the notion that Fender can't make good acoustics. Mine is a cheapy and is great. I'd like to think their more expensive stuff is even better.

Jason

in the past the Fender acoustics had a bad rep for inconsistant sound and poor quality workmanship. many still kneejerk to this (some say well deserved) reputation.
i also say "bah" to the notion that you can't get a great sounding/playing acoustic for under $500.
that may be the starting point for above avg to superior guitars, but the ones coming from overseas are getting better and better.
My Tak EGs ($550-$700) both play as well and sound as sweet to me as several i tried in the $800-$1500 range.
of course as always this is greatly varied by opinion of the individual and what he/she is looking for.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

double post, please delete

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member

I think the neck itself is similar to the strat in radius too...it seems quite curved like the vintage strats...see close up of the previous dylan pic.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2