Clear all

Rickenbacher guitars

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ratfish256)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Anyone order one directly from them before? I am really getting interested in a 12 stringer, but I normally like to try gear out before I buy it and such. Needless to say I cant find a dealer anywhere around me that has them. Also if anyone has a 12 string Rickenbacher, what do you think of it?

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

i don't have one, but I can tell you it was the pioneer and aguably the best twelve string electric.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Rickenbackers are top quality kit. It's unlikely you wouldn't like the guitar, but if you're expecting to sound like someone who plays one then you might find you've still got to spend some cash on add-ons.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I have a Beatle-phile friend who bought a Ric twelve and found it extremely difficult to play in open (1st) position -- so much so that he considered selling it, despite his passion for all things Beatle. After checking it out, I had to agree, it was especially difficult to play, as I found the string spacing at the nut to be very tight. But ... I also realized the nut was cut too high. So he had it properly set up and now finds the Ric-12 very enjoyable. Moral? Quality or not, you may have to invest in a good setup for your Ric. After that, it could be luv.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Well, that could apply to lots of guitars. :P

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Well, that could apply to lots of guitars. :P

Absolutement!

-=tension & release=-