Clear all

ripping a dvd to my hardrive..?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

is this even possible...if so how do i do it?

$MAX$

(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

If you're using a Mac, just drag and drop the contents of the DVD into a folder on your hard drive..I'm pretty sure you can do the same on a PC

And by the way..I hope you're just doing this so that you have faster access to the material on the DVD.....Please remember to respect copyrights

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Actually, you'll need some software such as DVDBackup or MactheRipper to do it. If you intend to watch it or burn it, you'll need something like DVD2One toput it back together and compress. Then Toast works nicely to burn it.

It's a bit tougher than it seems it should be, but that's what it takes.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

If your using a PC the best ripper out there is probably DVD decrypter. That will get the files to your pc. To get them back onto a DVD youll need DVD shrink and a burning program like nero. You can do a goole for any of these and find them pretty easily.

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Try this place for some great info and downloads.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/index.php?c=1

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

dvd decrypter and dvd shrink are the only programs you need. search for them in google.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Or, just go to the link I provided and click on 'Tools'. You'll find 'em both in there. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys i found a decent program called magic dvd ripper it seemed to do the trick kinda well but i got one more question

i ripped it so the output was mpeg 1...it lost a lot of quality tho, wat if i ripped it as mpeg 2 would that improve the quality?

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Yes, MPEG-2 allows for a higher (broadcast) quality. 8)

ReplyQuote