Clear all

rockabilly?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

anyone kow of any good rockabilly tutorials, lessons, websities?

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

No, but you can pick up the Rockabilly Guitar Bible from Hal Leonard. It's got a decent selection of sheet music for some rockabilly standards. (Use the shop/store link from the Guitarnoise homepage and click on Sheet Music Plus to check it out).

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Check out the last two issues of Total Guitar - video lessons from Brian Setzer. Ooooooooohh - and he plays a Gretsch

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys. i've been kinda tired of everything lately until i saw a couple of bands this past weekend rocket 88, and high octane. rocket 88 was a good show but not so guitar oriented. high octane is the same drummer and bass (stand up bass) player as rocket 88 but with a singer/guitar player who rips it up. i think his playing comes out better live as he is a very loose player but their cg is still very enjoyable. anyway hearing those guys opened me up again to rockabilly, it has a punk attitude with more musicianship. really refreshing. keep em coming if you got more.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Hey, if you dig rockabilly, try the Paladins. They are really good. There are a bunch of others that I can't think of right now that are awesome, too. I will look throgh my collection when I get home.

There are also a lot of good psychobilly bands (rockabilly with "horror" lyrics) you may enjoy. Demented Are Go!, The Monsters, Mad Sin, The Meteors, and the Horropops are all really cool.

If you want, give me your email in a PM and I'll zip some of their stuff for you. I have gigs of it.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote