0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So i got some new gear for christmas.

a Danelectro Fab Overdrive that i have become fond of
an MXR Dyna Comp
a Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz that I find very enjoyable

i love it all. but i have a Q? regarding the compressor. i want to use it for clean tones, but when i turn it on i get a lil feedback and it's a bit noisy. what settings are recommended for this beast? im running it in the following chain, if that matters:

guitar::phase90::DS:1::Fab OD::Tweak Fuzz::Crybaby::Comp::VOX AD30VT

ive never had this many effects before on my pedal board and can anyone give me some info about how you would arrange and configure and set up these pedals? i'm doing some trial and error but i'd like to try it how you guys would try it.

thanks for anyone who can contribute.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey U2 ....now you should also give some rather then taking :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

oh trust me i gave quite a bit. now that i have a real job with a real career, i bought more gifts for everyone i know than most previous christmasses combined. my family digs christmas to such a degree that saving for christmas gifts for the family is a 365 day a year thing. some may find it odd, but that's the way we do.

i tihnk ive got my pedal thang going well. i actually moved the compressor to the beginning of the chain, and i use it only for clean tones. the Danelectro Fab Overdrive IMO makes a pretty good and fun blues tone with the bridge PU of my 51. the fuzz is still a mystery...i like the TONS of tones im pulling out of it but i cant figure out which one suits my style the best and sounds the most distinct from my other 2 "distortion-type" pedals.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote