Saturday is done

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everybody!#

It' been a while since I've been around and that I've posted something. I hope this will change in the future if time allows.

Yesterday I brought my guitar to a party. I thought maybe we could sing some "classic" songs or whatever comes to our mind.

Well it turned out that I was sitting in the corner with my amp facing to me and turning up tooooo loud because, "ya know we still wannna here the music"
:roll:
Ok, I'm not the biggest player in the world so this is not the problem. It's just that for my frineds if ya' ain't Steve Vai then you're nuttin at all...
:evil:

Ok, vent off

greets
Motz

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Tough gig eh? ;)

Sometimes it just isn't the right crowd for that sorta thing. Sometimes people just aren't in the mood. It was worth a try though, sorry it didn't work out so well, and there'll always be a next time.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Oh, they're just jeolous... It's wierd, you have to be Steve Vai, but they probably listen to Blink 182. What's up with that?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

yeah people are mean and jealous too esp those who can do nothing :evil:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Hi everybody!#

:roll:
Ok, I'm not the biggest player in the world so this is not the problem. It's just that for my frineds if ya' ain't Steve Vai then you're nuttin at all...
:evil:

Ok, vent off

greets
Motz

Time to get some new friends :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sometimes you are the main attraction, sometimes you are ambience.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Do any of them play? I'm guessing not. They were probably upset because their girls were getting giddy.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Do what I did, start playing the violin :lol:

I mean, I don't know who these people are but I bet they don't know many violin players! (because my friends don't, and they've told me that i'm crazy to try and learn the violin :D )

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It's just that I'm surprised how stupid your friends can act.
Two of them can "play". they are not as far as I am. One of them gave up and the other one has just started a few months back and doesn't take it serious to practice. Now that I think about it, it were those two who started with their accuses. They literaly infested everybody. Shame on them!
At least it makes me feel better that most likely jealousy was the case, that probably means I wasn't that bad at all... 8)

Violin sounds interesting. But I'd need a few extra hours a day.
besides: my second favourit instrument are the drums :)

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Dont worry about the people acting a fool. Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize because they believe they're an expert on all things.

I've seen it happen before. I think everyone knows someone who criticizes every single movie ever made because they fancy themselves as a director. Don't ask what they've directed though.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'd go for the jealousy thing but if you just randomly started playing your guitar very loud while there already was music playing then maybe it just wasn't the right time..

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Yeah, I was kinda wondering if you were asked to play or if you just showed up with guitar in hand? If it was the later, I could see why they might have been a little upset.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yeah. if you showed up and plugged in and werent asked then maybe you blew it.
otherwise....drinking and critiques dont go together.

and they blew it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote