Clear all

Schecter Guitars

18 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum for this post.

Does anybody have experience with Schecter guitars? I personally have really enjoyed playing Schecters at Guitar Center. I want to buy one of their C-1 models this year, and I'm curious if anybody has negative things to say about Schecters. The fact that they're made in Korea doesn't bug me, unless it's poor quality.

Oh, and has anyone seen their new 2005 guitar, the "hellraiser C-1"? I think that monster has EMG's in it.. that would be the guitar I'd buy once tech support emails me back about the woods and stuff.

- reality

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Don't have any experience myself but I have played them at GC and liked them alot.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yes, they are made in Korea, but they get setup and inspected at the Schecter CUstom Shop. I personally like the Blackjack models. They come with a fancy bridge(Tone pro's, I think) and Seymour Duncan JB in vridge, and 59 in neck. Seeing how its a set neck and a string-through body, a think they are and exellent value. Don't have one though, so don't count on me. :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The >only< thing I dislike about the BlackJack models is that they only come with dot inlays :(. I like Schecters fancier inlays like the Vectors or just not dots. I don't really like something as fancy as their C-1 Classic's Vine of Life though.

But oh yeah, Schecter seem like a great value. I'm particularly caught because they have what I'm looking for: a mahogany body, rosewood neck, some quality pickups and hardware, and nice finishes :).

- reality

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have an Omen 6 and I absolutely love it.
I can't find anything negative to say about it either.
From what I have seen on my model and on other Schecter models they are quality instruments at a reasonable price.
One thing I have noticed about made in Korea, my Crafter acoustic is also made there and it too has quality written all over it.
I suppose the Koreans must take a certain pride in their work.

ReplyQuote
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

Does anybody have experience with Schecter guitars? I personally have really enjoyed playing Schecters at Guitar Center.

I have a C1Plus and love it. Tone, look, quality...it has it all for a $500ish guitar. I looked at a bunch of different guitars and kept coming back to this one. There were two or three on the wall at GC and they all sounded a little bit different, so I'd definitely suggest trying out the one you intend on buying. Oh, and change the strings when you get home, you'll be glad you did. Mine came with Boomers (.010's) and replaced them shortly thereafter, what a difference it made. I've tried about 7-8 different brands of strings and keep coming back to those, although the Gibson Vintage strings are a close second.

I just looked at the Hellraiser on their site, it looks almost exactly like the C1Plus but with different markers (the C1Plus has the triangular/chevron abalone and mother of pearl ones).

ReplyQuote
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Tim, I've looked into the C1-Plus. I love how it looks. I got to play one at Guitar Center for a short amount of time. I'll be taking a trip up there again in a few weeks (I live far away from the closest one), and I will definetly try out more Schecters.

The main reason I like the Hellraiser so much is because it has EMG 81/85 combo, mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard. It comes with the same bridge and tuners as the C-1 Plus I think (like you said, they look almost alike). I would actually rather have the triangular inlays, but what comes on the Hellraiser is great too.

Are the factory strings not all that great?

How are the guitars as far as staying in tune and reliability and the works?

Oh, does the Hellraiser sorta make you think of a "poor man's PRS"? Just reverse the headstock and label it PRS :)!

- reality

ReplyQuote
(@david_mohn)
Trusted Member

I've got a Jazz Elite. It's a full body jazz box. The quality is outstanding, and it's one of the best sounding jazz boxes I've ever played.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I've got a Jazz Elite. It's a full body jazz box. The quality is outstanding, and it's one of the best sounding jazz boxes I've ever played.

Never seen one of those at my local GC... wow, that's pretty!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

Are the factory strings not all that great?

How are the guitars as far as staying in tune and reliability and the works?

Oh, does the Hellraiser sorta make you think of a "poor man's PRS"? Just reverse the headstock and label it PRS :)!

Mine came with Boomers, but they sounded kind of dead, after replacing them all I could think was "wow, what a bargain". I went to GC to look/buy one of their cheaper models but after seeing and playing the C1Plus it was a simple decision. Same thing with my Squier Strat, putting on fresh set of Super Bullets, it was like night and day.

And yes, I'd definitely agree with it being a poor man's PRS. Until I feel like I deserve a Custom24, this one will do just fine. :D

I've only had mine for about 5 months and not a thing wrong with it, so I can't say much about reliability. And I play/practice about 2 hrs a day and tune up maybe every other day, but it's only out slightly.

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

i played a schecter diamond series and fell in love. thru-body strings on a tune-o-matic bridge and SD pups... the necks are a bit thick for my liking, or maybe it could be the curve.. but they are incredible guitars and are incredibly priced.

ReplyQuote
(@honeytone)

I have a Schecter C1 Elite and I know a few other folk who have various other Schecters, and no one has a bad word to say about them.

You get a whole lotta geetar for your money!! :D

I'm hopefully planning on investing in a Schecter electro acoustic sometime this year.

P.S. If anyone from the UK is intrested in trying out a Schecter, you need to go to your nearest Sound Control, as they are the only UK distributers.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

The schecter diamond page seems to be down, so maybe someone who owns one here can give me an answer:

Are the schecters you have bolt on or set neck?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Most Schecters I have heard about are set-neck.

- reality

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

My Omen 6 is Diamond Series.
It has a bolt on neck and there is absolutely no gap anywhere. It is very solid.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2