Clear all

Schecter

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Inspired by Bish's giant avatar, I checked it out and found that he plays a Schecter C-1 Plus. Beautiful looking guitar, almost like a less effete PRS (sorry PRS players :oops: ) - but what do they sound and play like? Here in the UK Schecters are rather scarcer than hens' teeth, so I can't just walk into Guitar Mania in Parkstone and plug one into the nearest amp.

I've always kind of associated Schecters with metal and heavy post-grunge, gothicky bands - but that may just the guilt by association :? Looking at their website, I was struck by the fact that I know less about them than almost any major guitar brand. I'm not even sure that I've seen one in the flesh - er, wood - let alone being able to recognise the sound.

Bish? Anyone? Someone put me out of my curiosity?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Inspired by Bish's giant avatar, I checked it out and found that he plays a Schecter C-1 Plus. Beautiful looking guitar, almost like a less effete PRS (sorry PRS players :oops: ) - but what do they sound and play like? Here in the UK Schecters are rather scarcer than hens' teeth, so I can't just walk into Guitar Mania in Parkstone and plug one into the nearest amp.

I've always kind of associated Schecters with metal and heavy post-grunge, gothicky bands - but that may just the guilt by association :? Looking at their website, I was struck by the fact that I know less about them than almost any major guitar brand. I'm not even sure that I've seen one in the flesh - er, wood - let alone being able to recognise the sound.

Bish? Anyone? Someone put me out of my curiosity?

Go have a yahoo chat with him to put off your curiosity...(if he's got the time) .I did the same with avichaks and smothered my rising curiosity about the local made givson guitars out here :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

shecters are a great guitar, they sound great and they have a fast neck.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I played one at GC a few months ago. I don't remember the exact model or anything. They really are beautiful guitars. I was also surprised by how versitile it was. It was a standard HH configuration, but it also had a push-pull pot that split the buckers into single coils. Really made it one of the sweetest guitars for the price I have seen. The one I was looking at was listed at about $500 US, I believe.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

A lot of Schecter models have either a set neck, or a complete neck-through design. Sweet, sweet sustain. Strum a chord, set the guitar down, go make a sandwich, and have background music while doing it. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@crandles)
Trusted Member

i have a schecter c1 classic and love it
for their prices schecters are great guitars

ReplyQuote
(@schecter)
Eminent Member

im going to have to say that schecter is an amazing guitar. as you can see i have one, and while being the only electric guitar that i own, i will say this, i like it alot, so much that i dont even have the urge to get something better. for $550 i dont believe it is possible to make a guitar any better, seriously, i love that thing. it plays so so nicely, and looks so sweet, o so sweet. i dont have a single negative thing to say about it. The thing is so versatile, with 2 humbuckers and a tone knob that also splits the coils, u can pretty much get it to sound any style u want it too. stays in tune no matter what, sustain lasts longer than an energizer bunny, and the neck is speedier than road runner. oh ya and have i mentioned that it looks incredible?

"I’m one of those lucky beginners who never actually makes a mistake." - Chris_C

ReplyQuote