Clear all

Score is 1/2 step up from 2 performances

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I found the Hal Leonard sheet music for Somebody's Knocking, the song Terri Gibbs did back in the 80s. The score is Eb, but Chet Atkins and Jeremy Reid and the Machine play it in D. The only internet sheet I've seen is also in D. Any particular reason for this difference? Just curious.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

(@alangreen)

The main reason for the change is convenience - it's easier to play in the different key. That method works for most of us most of the time.

Is the Eb fingering manageable? What you might find is that they played the Eb fingering with their guitars tuned down half a step to make it sound in D.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The main reason for the change is convenience - it's easier to play in the different key. That method works for most of us most of the time.

Is the Eb fingering manageable? What you might find is that they played the Eb fingering with their guitars tuned down half a step to make it sound in D.

A :-)

Ah! I am awared. Thanks. :D

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote