Clear all

Sibelius, Encore or Finale?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@aodor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I can get one of those programs. I want it mainly for guitar and TAB notation, but will use it to a less extent for MIDI scoring from a Roland Keyboard.

Which one would you choose?

I know its a matter of personal taste, please focus on their ability to score standard notation and TAB for the guitar.

============
Alberto Odor, MD
Mexico City
============

(@tucker)
Estimable Member

Sibelius all the way for scores. Don't know about tab, though, for that you might want something like Guitar Pro 4.

ReplyQuote
(@ssstrat11s)
Eminent Member

I prefer Finale. It has tab in the newest and second newest version, and still has note scoring. It allows you to play back what you've written (you choose the instruments before composing), but the sounds aren't terribly realistic, but they are proper notes.

Buckle up - It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Borrow money from pessimists, they don't expect it back.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I use both Sibelius and Finale..... have never tried Encore. I like both Sibelius and Finale for different things........... would have to agree with ssstrat11s as far as it Finale being the best for tab. (But I DO love playing with Sibelius........... you're right...... it's just a personal preference thing!)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I use Finale. It was the first I tried and I liked it, never bothered trying the others.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote