Notifications
Clear all

Silverburst Standard SG and Les Paul

25 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You know I hate when people do this, I mean why not just be honest. A1booboo and devin7887 are one and the same poster.

Be careful if you decide to buy.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i'd be wary when someone registers with the sole intention of selling something.

ReplyQuote
(@a1booboo)

Ah, so what I got busted. But I do have these guitars for sale and I need to get rid of them. I was just trying to get the hype up to get these things moving. I have perfect feedback on Ebay if you want either one of these guitars. If you want to buy one without using Ebay I can save you more money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190086639252&rd=1&rd=1

Everything is legit!

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

[rant]

So now someone must pay an extra $500 to get one because someone like yourself snagged a few of them to flip?

Personally, I hope you get stuck with them and have to [GASP] play them and pay for them. They really are excellent guitars.

[/rant]

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@handbanana)

I picked up a brand new in box silverburst sg like a week at Long and Mcquade, for $1395. Canadian $. I have seen the ones on Ebay going for $2000. USD. That sucks that some dinks do that, but I think the guitar is still worth it . It sounds and plays friggin awsome. I am going to keep mine for many many years.

The amp was $599. 100 watt Vox.

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

man, that is a pretty guitar. I'm jealous...

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@lorfyre)
Estimable Member

wow.
The Gibson is out of my league, but I'm wondering about the Epiphone.
It's a Limited Edition, but are they going to run out anytime soon?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=519391&page=3&rpp=10
here it is.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I haven't had any experience with Epiphone, but I definitely have had some with Squier. I don't want to be investing in a Gibson Squier-type model.
Does it come close to higher end models?
Currently playing on a Japanese tele ($900-ish CDN), will the Epiphone even compare?
Hmm...maybe if I switched out pickups? Which pickups are good? I did GFS for the Squier, but for this one, probably higher end pickups, right?

A lot of questions, but I really love the colour of this guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@handbanana)

Lol dude I totally went in to buy an epiphone and I took a whole day and played just about every one that they had. they all sucked ass. you can get a low end Gibson for about $900 cdn. In my opinion A gibson is more than just a name on the headstock. I have had this guitar for over 6 months now and even though I bend the hell out of the strings all the time and do neck bends and stuff I have not had it lose its tuning unless I move the machine heads. The tone rips and the action is set so it almost plays itself. all of the epiphones I played (including a lot of lps) fealt like a peice of lumber and sounded cheap.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I've never played that particular model before, but I like the Epi Les Paul, the more expensive ones anyway. They're good guitars, obvisiously not a high-end Gibson, but theres much worse out there man. I'd look around some shops, try and find one, they're really nice guitars.

Paul
wow.
The Gibson is out of my league, but I'm wondering about the Epiphone.
It's a Limited Edition, but are they going to run out anytime soon?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=519391&page=3&rpp=10
here it is.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I haven't had any experience with Epiphone, but I definitely have had some with Squier. I don't want to be investing in a Gibson Squier-type model.
Does it come close to higher end models?
Currently playing on a Japanese tele ($900-ish CDN), will the Epiphone even compare?
Hmm...maybe if I switched out pickups? Which pickups are good? I did GFS for the Squier, but for this one, probably higher end pickups, right?

A lot of questions, but I really love the colour of this guitar.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Lol dude I totally went in to buy an epiphone and I took a whole day and played just about every one that they had. they all sucked donkey. you can get a low end Gibson for about $900 cdn. In my opinion A gibson is more than just a name on the headstock. I have had this guitar for over 6 months now and even though I bend the hell out of the strings all the time and do neck bends and stuff I have not had it lose its tuning unless I move the machine heads. The tone rips and the action is set so it almost plays itself. all of the epiphones I played (including a lot of lps) fealt like a peice of lumber and sounded cheap.

You were quite obviously playing the WRONG Epiphones.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2