Clear all

So, do I or not?

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Motorcycle club pary at da crib this Saturday. I can't drink 'cause of meds. I'm cooking for 30-40. After all is said and done, I have a sneaking suspision that someone will try to get me to play a few Axemas carol type things. I learned a few simple ones today.

Granma got ran over....
Jingle Bells
Silent Night
The Chanukah Song (Adam Sandlers)

These people expect the unexpected out of me, so if one goes, it's Silent Night.

Just gotta work up the nerves.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Oh most definetly should. Can't put a price on good times and memories....even if it costs you your dignity :D .

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

aye
:wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Arrrggghhh, screw pride, just hack on em and have fun. If you fumble just drown it out by your singing :)
And if ya can't sing worth a darn...like me... they'll love ya for the effort. :):):)

Have fun :D

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Play every chance you get!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

You should also consider the sequel to Grandma got run over. It's called Grandpa's gonna sue the pants off of Santa, it's got a nice calypso beat to it

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Go for it!!! :D Sounds like a great set list. :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Awesome! I think it is great that you have an opportunity to play for people you care about. My main feedback is "Turn it down you &$&^%%#%#%!!!!!"

Isn't there a John Lennon song that is fairly cool that is about Xmas? I don't know, I am the biggest Scrooge EVER...

It starts "So this is Xmas..." or something, right?

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Awesome! I think it is great that you have an opportunity to play for people you care about. My main feedback is "Turn it down you &$&^%%#%#%!!!!!"

Isn't there a John Lennon song that is fairly cool that is about Xmas? I don't know, I am the biggest Scrooge EVER...

It starts "So this is Xmas..." or something, right?

Find it hereHappy Christmas

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

ALWAYS and I mean, ALWAYS play out when you get the chance. I have improved SO much because of it.

As a beginner like myself (almost 2 years), I have learned a LOT from playing out in front of others. Yes, there is the good, the bad, and the ugly (great movie btw), but IMO, you will never know what you will end up doing in a pressure situation like that until you bite the bullet and do it. A key tip, stay in time. If you mess up, pick right back up where you would have been if you didn't. If you try to make up for your mess up, you end up putting yourself in a tougher spot than you began in because you are now fighting time by rushing and in the end......... that alone can be the ugly.

In the end though, you should be considering it a learning experience either 3 ways it goes.

Have fun, which is the most important part. People are there to have fun and you are considered the “entertainer”, so go with the flow and have fun.

OH, make SURE you post when and where in the “Gigs and Jams” section, so the people around you can go and check out a fellow GN'er. :D :D :D

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I printed out that Lennon song this afternoon. I might add it to the set list.

Wifey-poo is encouraging me too. Might have to do it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think I've decided to do it. As long as it's a sing along and no one asks me to play in higher keys.

Roy

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

As long as it's a sing along and no one asks me to play in higher keys.

If they do..... throw your car keys up in the air and say, "How's that"! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LMAO

Better than what my alternative reply would be. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2