Clear all

So I went on vacation............

15 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@acousticfish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

As the topic says I went on vacation with my trusty little traveler escape guitar down to the warmth of southern Florida. 8) Ahh, the surf the sand the sun what more could a person want, ok a couple of Corona lights with lime and I was all set. Ok, here is where it gets interesting, I located a guitar shop and decided to go there and check things out, what could it hurt? :roll: Anywho, very nice place lots of stuff and then I entered the humidity controlled acoustic guitar palace. I call it a palace because it had almost every brand of guitar I've ever read about, and being from the sticks as such I was impressed. So after wandering around in the humid environment for awhile I wiped the drool from my mouth and decided to test some out. Now being a beginner (about a year) I was not one to shred or anything like that, just some melodies, rhythm and a little finger picking. I didn't feel uncomfortable showing my knowledge or lack there of in fact I felt pretty darn good, I even was asked if I took lessons, who knew!! Anyway back to my point and I think I might have one, I was playing some cheaper guitars, didn't even pick up any Gibsons or Martins can't even come close to getting one of those..............yet. :wink: So I started thinking maybe a cheaper travel guitar was in order, full size and all, under $150. Doable, insert salesman here. I shouldn't really say that he was a decent guy, his name was Gun, who can't trust that? We chatted and then he mentioned a heck of a deal he had on shiny black guitar, I thought yea right! So I played around some more and then I made my fatal mistake, I picked it up. :| You know how you have those few moments in your life when everything else around you goes away, everything becomes crystal clear and it gets very very quiet. No sound but my breathing getting heavier by the second. So I sat down and played..............wow, to say that I liked it would be an understatement. It felt so good in my clamy hands and sounded so sweet. :note1: So my friend who is with me goes "it sounds great". And it did, I did (well not great only been playing a year you know) very nice guitar. So Gun the sales guy says it's a year old, guy brought it in needed the cash for books or food or some other trivial matter. He told me the price of a new one and then told me the price of this one, It sounded good. Now I'm not a sucker but I did believe him, his name is Gun how could I not. So I thought about it and he left so I could sweat in private, or as private as you can get in a humidified environment with 6 other sweaters. Should I, the economy really sucks right now and I spent money for this vacation already, its black & shiny, the rental car is at least $300, it has Grover tuners, I took time off of work for this vacation with no pay, its a soft cutaway. So what was a girl to do.............................I bought the damn thing. :D

I did some price checking when I got to a computer, Gun was right, I'm sure he made some money but I came away with a very nice guitar and a great deal, my friends are envious (even my guitar instructor). Sorry for the long post but you guys understand how exciting it is normal people do not share my enthusiasm.

Oh by the way here it is.

http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/atlas/StageBlackMagicC25/index.php

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Girl gets guitar . . .

. . . love happy endings.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sorry for the long post but you guys understand how exciting it is normal people do not share my enthusiasm.

So, no normal people here then? Hmmmm - that'd be about right. LOL, I'm just wondering now if it'll soon be politically incorrect to call non-guitar-playing-persons "normal"....it might be taken as an insult!

Seriously, nice acquisition. I'm with KR2 on this one - another sucker for a happy ending. Enjoy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the find. Enjoy!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rich_halford)
Reputable Member

YOU FOOL!

You should have bought two.....

:D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Aww, you went on vacation & fell in love. How sweet. :D

Enjoy your new friend! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That is awsome! The trip to Florida sounded cool too. :lol: I travel to Florida a fair bit as my daughter and grandaughter reside there (I'm from the frozen tundra as well) and have come up with various "travel" instruments. What if it's stolen? What if I want to play it on the beach? Will it fit in the car? All kinds of excuses but the best excuse of all is just wanting it and the fact that playing it makes you happy. My latest travel purchase was a small Hughes and Kettner amp, about the size of a case of beer as I wanted to go electric on vacation. Two chanels, 10" speaker, spring reverb and it actually sounded good, all on clearance for $50, how could I go wrong, it was perfect for the hotel on the way down and back and not too loud for my daughters house. Next trip though, if I bring nothing, I can go to the music store like you did ....... and .......................

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

reads like a good vacation to me, esp as this time the souvenir is not made of coconuts.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's great! Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

That was a great story. You should be a writer.
Nice guitar too, hope it gives you years of enjoyment.

Tim

ReplyQuote
(@acousticfish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for your kudos I must admit I was feeling pretty guilty after my purchase, trying to justify it and all. I knew you guys would share in my guitar joy.

So, no normal people here then? Hmmmm - that'd be about right. LOL, I'm just wondering now if it'll soon be politically incorrect to call non-guitar-playing-persons "normal"....it might be taken as an insult!

I consider people who don't understand the guitars magnetism to be weird, we're perfectly normal (in an off balance sort of way) :D

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

I live in Florida and its not always the sunny place you speak of........to floridians anyways. Anything below 70 degrees and we need jackets. Congrats on the guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Ok OK ..... I get enough of that from my daughter. :lol: It was -20 here a few days ago. I've been to Florida in July and August and I gotta say I didn't mind the heat, although February March and April seem to be the nicest months. Only had the pleasure of the outer bands of a hurricaine, you all can keep that. Nope AKFlyingV, you live in paradise, deal with it. :P

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dennisf6)
Trusted Member

Thanks for your story - I enjoyed it.
And that is a seriously great guitar!

I want to play guitar very badly -
and I do!

ReplyQuote