Notifications
Clear all

So what's on your Xmas list then?

34 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I havn't gotten much this year for guitar besides stuff to revamp the old strat. That came out great, and was cheap. I also spend birthday money on a crybaby.

The X-List has:
The Squier 51'
A Seymour Duncan Soundhole Pickup
Some tubes
Bad Monkey Overdrive

That plus some clothes and books

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Well....

I already got some guitars and a couple of amps..... GAS is currently reasonably under control....

...I'm pretty OK for socks and underwear...don't wear ties... um...

TALENT! That's what I'd like for Christmas. :wink: Does Santa do talent?? Skill?? Maybe I'll just ask him for a bit more discipline and dedication and see if the skill rolls in anyway.. :)

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

You know what they say Chris: You're only as good as the number of guitars you own.....

No, wait, that can't be right

:) :) :)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I just replaced the downstairs amp with some xmas dough. All's that's left is some CDs and DVDs. My VHS ate my Life Of Brian video....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

You know what they say Chris: You're only as good as the number of guitars you own.....

No, wait, that can't be right

:) :) :)

LOL

Yeah.... I wish... :wink:

Sadly, in guitar maths, Mediocre X 5 still = Mediocre.... :?

Still... I used to be Appalling, so Mediocre is actually quite a step up. Next year I'm shooting for Average... 8)

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hope a good job comes around for you too Chuckster.

Thanks Wes.

chuckster's avatar was headbanging dead on with the snare drum in this satriani song i have going haha

And people say I got no rhythm. :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Whirled Peas

http://whirledpeas.townhall.com/

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i asked for an Epi Valve Junior combo and an EQ pedal...and CDs...and books.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Whoa?

I got what I wanted... A JOB!!!! YAY!!!!

All I wanted most of the year was to be able to a) pay my bills and b) not create any new ones.

LOL

That is terrific news Dag. I know it sounds weird but I have found myself at times worrying about ya. They annouced possible layoffs here yesterday. We'll see.

Me? I shouldnt want anything for Christmas either but while we are at it I want a volume pedal, a delay, and a really nice slide.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

Well what I know about:
Vox ad30
Canon S3 digital camera
Cd's
Socks

I've been told I have several suprises aswell so hopefully some more guitar stuff in there. Maybe a voucher for some lessons that i've been angling for for a while.

Would like but wont get a PRS SE Soapbar in white. Or any PRS double cutaway in white for that matter. Or a white SG :D

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I just replaced the downstairs amp with some xmas dough. All's that's left is some CDs and DVDs. My VHS ate my Life Of Brian video....

Life of Brian is most definitely available on DVD - I have it

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

As I've not the remotest chance of getting any of it, I'll ask for a hand-wired Vox AC-30CC2X, 1 of each of Jacques' hand-built effects pedals, a Warmoth rear-routed Strat "kit" (all Indian Rosewood body and neck) + Bare Knuckle Apache pickups....Oh, and, if any one has one spare, a fully refurbished Binson Echorec.

More likely to get socks and deodorant :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Good times Dag!! I hope you were able to keep your American Strat through it all.

Music-wise, I've asked for a few song books, Iron Maiden: The Early Years DVD, a bunch of CDs (Snowpatrol, Killers, Strokes, Muse, etc...), and some guitar-related books (history of the Electric guitar, the Fender story, etc)...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Oh boy, Christmas! :D

I need a new guitar tuner (mine stopped working last week or so. :( )
a wah pedal
multi chorus pedal
bad monkey pedal
death metal pedal
Cube amp (for on the go)
guitar case for my Ibanez RG

and a sweater. I seem to get one every year.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Whoa?

I got what I wanted... A JOB!!!! YAY!!!!

All I wanted most of the year was to be able to a) pay my bills and b) not create any new ones.

LOL

Yay Dagwood, great news!!! :D :D

As for me, I think I'll wait in line with Greybeard for the hand wired Vox AC-30! Oh, and a Gretsch White Falcon!! Ok, how about The new Beatles CD?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3