Clear all

Some great free tools for learning songs

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone. I was recently working on trying to get the ventures "walk dont run" down, but I just couldnt seem to get the rythm right. In my quest to try and make it easier to learn, I found 2 really cool plugins for winamp that made my life so much easier. The first is caleld Loop Master, and it allows you to choose any block of a song, of any length, and it will automatically loop that block, so you can listen to one part of a riff over and over again without having to skip back and forward.

The second one is called the PaceMaker. It allows you to change the temp, pitch, and speed, as well as remove vocals (at least attempt to). This is great for slowing down a fast part of a song, and lets you play along with the song at your own speed. When you put these two tools together, it makes learning songs just soooo much easier. I got the main part of the ventures tune down in probably 10 minutes!

Here are the links to both:

Loop Master: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=30749
PaceMaker: http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/

Hope that you guys find these as useful as I did! :)

(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Thanks Falcon, those are two great practice tools!

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I just emailed myself those links so I can download them on my home computer. Thanks!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

ah pacemaker , that was the plugin I needed

thx for posting :)

ReplyQuote