Song help?

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Not sure if this is the correct place?

'Sea of Souls' (a UK TV show) opened tonight with a bluesyish track containing lyrics 'Keep your eye on the mountain' 'You're like a diamond to me shine on' and others I'll think of in a bit.
google is no help, wondered if anyone might know the songartist?
I'll try and capture a bit to post later tomorrow.

(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok here's a sample, hope someone can recognise this!
http://jimbrindle.bulldoghome.com/pages/jimbrindle_bulldoghome_com/shineon1.mp3

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

It could always be a purpose written song. Especially with the BBC.

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Days-Eric-Bibb/dp/B000HKD80M

Looks like that's promising. Go down to the review with a title "You're a diamond to me".

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It IS Eric Bibb, and the song title is "Shine On". It is on his "Diamond Days" CD. http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Days-Eric-Bibb/dp/B000HKD80M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4356592-6938452?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177277257&sr=1-1

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Pretty cool song - then again, a lot of TV series these days tend to have good soundtracks. (*Tries desperately to avoid thinking about the theme tune from "Walker - Texas Ranger" here*)

Does anyone remember a UK series from....ooh, about 20 years ago that Eric Clapton did the incidental music and the theme tune to? I know the word "Darkness" was in the title somewhere, I remember it was something to do with a government cover-up at a Nuclear power plant......I also remember thinking at the time what brilliant guitar music it was, and how perfectly it fitted the mood of the series.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

"The Edge Of Darkness"

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

"The Edge Of Darkness"

Thank you Elektrablue! :D

It's been running through my head since reading Vic's post, but I couldn't remember the name - only recall a vague image of Bob Peck in the lead role.

Wikipedia info about the series.

The music by Eric Clapton and Michael Kamen was apparently one of many aspects of the show to win awards.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone, I'll check it out. :D

How did you find that or did you know already? I found nothing in google?

Plus I knew the answer to Vic's Q ;)

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Heh. I just put:

"You're like a diamond" lyrics

into google and it usually comes up with lyrics and song title etc. This time however it came up with that Amazon page.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I did that and got nothing! Weird huh?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFL!! :D I was bored yesterday and had nothing better to do, so I actually spent a good hour looking for it!! Started with a google search using your lyrics, but didn't find anything that could be definitively what you wanted, so I refined the search and looked for "Sea of Souls" which eventually sent me to BBC sites and I tracked down the cast and crew. But it never mentioned the theme song!!!! :( So I searched for "Sea of Souls theme song" and all that started coming up was a bunch of people asking if anyone knew the name of the song or who did it!!! But, being absolutely determined at this point, I went through all of them until I finally found one who had the answer!!

Perseverance pays off!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Pretty cool song - then again, a lot of TV series these days tend to have good soundtracks. (*Tries desperately to avoid thinking about the theme tune from "Walker - Texas Ranger" here*)

Vic

Now you did it...

"The eyes of the Ranger are upon you. Any wrong you do he's gonna see. When you're in Texas look behind you, Cuz that's where the Ranger's gonna be..."

I need a drink now. :shock:

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks again, and Elektra, I tried the same earlier in the week and found nothing which was why I asked here, maybe a little more patience might have helped me ;)

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Next, does anyone fancy tabbing this?
I found the introriff but some of the strums I'm not sure about?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Did you notice how quiet it got in here? :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote