songs for acoustic

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi all

i love playin acoustic guitar..., ive been playin for a couple of years and and im not bad at it. so i wanna improve more, as i dont have any teacher i practice and learn by picking up songs. so can u guys suggest me some songs with really good guitar works for acoustic guitar, cud be blues,folk or rock anything with good guitar works, thanks

peace out :D

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

'damien rice - cannonball' is a good place to start
basically any song can be stripped back to acoustic but some sound a lot better than others
coldplay are great practic (theyre hard!!)
most pop/rock bands with catchy songs you can find on ultimate guitar and copy the tabs of that
john mayers songs will prob teach you new chords and techniques
depends what you like to listen to, i dont really know of many songs that are a huge challenge to learn without going into the lead guitar/riff side of things, maybe try combining lead with rhythm? a riff based around the chord progression that you can play while strumming?

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

If you take a simple old traditional song like "Wasbash Cannonball" in a G,C,D progression, you'd be amazed what you can do with it .

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

:D ALRYT IM GONNA DOWNLOAD IT TODAY.....BUT U DIDN'T MENTION THE ARTIST'S NAME.....BRO :D

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Most of the lessons written by David Hodge are for acoustic guitar - and there's many more in the Easy Songs forum.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member

I'm a big fan fan of Neil Young. I suggest a few songs form his Havest album,Old Man,Heart of Gold,and Needle and the Damage Done. To try your luck at finger pcking,Dust in the Wind is a great one to play.There's a lot of songs to play.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

+1 to Neil Young songs.

Some other artists known for acoustic guitar are John Denver, Alan Jackson, Simon and Garfunkel.

One more thing to keep in mind. You don't necessarily need an acoustic song. You can play electric guitar songs very well on an acoustic. Sometimes imo, they sound better on it.

Good Luck.

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

If you're into fingerpicking - e.g. Don't think twice its alright (Dylan)
Lots of Tom Waits stuff sounds good on accoustic too
Beatles of course- eg. Here, there and everywhere; you've got to hide your love away, blackbird ... ... ... ...
And yes - Neil young :-)

Look in the ESD forum - it's right over there :arrow: :)

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I pretty much only play acoustic now, so I try most songs on it.

Right now, I'm big on

Everlong-Foo Fighters
Tongue Tied-Faber Drive
I Will Follow You into the Dark-Deathcab for Cutie
Hey There Delillah-Plain White T's
A Star Called Sun-Kino (Brazzaville do a good English version)
Semi-Charmed Life-Third Eye Blind
If You Could Only See-Tonic
Your Body is a Wonderland-John Mayer
Jackie Brown-John Mellencamp

Plus all my regular stuff, Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip, Collective Soul, Jack Johnson, Great Big Sea, City and Colour(Dallas Green) and so on.

It's pretty much an endless list really, just try changing around songs a bit to work.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

DEATH CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can play into the dark. what a great song!

also try 'why georgia' by mayer

'broken' seether

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Summer Breeze----SNC

Time for me to fly---REO

I used to love her---GNR 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Most of the lessons written by David Hodge are for acoustic guitar - and there's many more in the Easy Songs forum.

:D :D :D

Vic

thanks..but im not lookin for easy songs, im lookin for acoustic songs with great guitar works. :P

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

If you're into fingerpicking - e.g. Don't think twice its alright (Dylan)
Lots of Tom Waits stuff sounds good on accoustic too
Beatles of course- eg. Here, there and everywhere; you've got to hide your love away, blackbird ... ... ... ...
And yes - Neil young :-)

Look in the ESD forum - it's right over there :arrow: :)

thanks lars, ive already picked up dont think twice, awesome one and ill try tom waits, good idea, neil is kool too.

whats ESD forum?

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I pretty much only play acoustic now, so I try most songs on it.

Right now, I'm big on

Everlong-Foo Fighters
Tongue Tied-Faber Drive
I Will Follow You into the Dark-Deathcab for Cutie
Hey There Delillah-Plain White T's
A Star Called Sun-Kino (Brazzaville do a good English version)
Semi-Charmed Life-Third Eye Blind
If You Could Only See-Tonic
Your Body is a Wonderland-John Mayer
Jackie Brown-John Mellencamp

Plus all my regular stuff, Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip, Collective Soul, Jack Johnson, Great Big Sea, City and Colour(Dallas Green) and so on.

It's pretty much an endless list really, just try changing around songs a bit to work.

Paul

like your choice....but too much contemporary, but i love pearl jam and collective souls. :D

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Since you mentioned blues, check out Clapton's unplugged album. The entire thing really.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2