Notifications
Clear all

songs for acoustic

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

DEATH CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can play into the dark. what a great song!

also try 'why georgia' by mayer

'broken' seether

They're both great songs also. Actually the whole acosutic Sether collection, "One Cold Night" is great for playing on acoustic.

But seeings as Reynold wants a less modern list, I'll agree with the Clapton Unplugged idea. I'm also a big fan of Neil Young, Tom Petty, some Dire Straits sounds nice on acoustic, especially "Wild West End".

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

thanks lars, ive already picked up dont think twice, awesome one and ill try tom waits, good idea, neil is kool too.

whats ESD forum?

re. Tom Waits - especially some of the Marc Ribot stuff on e.g. Raindogs is awesome - it should be possible to incorporate some of it on an accoustic. I've been playing around with Jockey full of bourbon occationally.

and sorry - it is the forum called Easy Songs. Here actually https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

You mentioned you liked folk music so you could certainly look out for anything by Christy Moore (he admits to not being the breatest of guitarists so the chords are usually straightforward). For Irish material there is always http://www.thesession.org but you'll need to be able to read music. Dick Gaughan is interesting , as is Eric Bogle with the latter having written a number of very moving songs. I would also suggest a peep at Richard Thompson - he is an excellent guitarist and much of his material can be transposed to acoustic.

Other singer songwriters to look out for could include Seth Lakeman, Andy Irvine, Vin Garbutt and of course Jackson Browne,

Finally for a little rebellious fun try Billy Bragg or the Pogues.

Hope that helps

D

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

whenever i listen to the unplugged clapton album i get hooked on 'old love' and it makes me want to be able to play the piano soooo bad.... :S

ReplyQuote
(@niiickmuse)

I would suggest some Elliott Smith songs..depending on your fingerpicking skills. Try Angeles or Memory lane if you're looking for some really challenging ones. Southern belle, twilight, and waltz#2 are some easier ones. You can find videos of all these on youtube btw.

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thank u so much guys :D im glad that u guys provided so much information

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2