Squeaky Guitar Noise.

14 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
10.7 K Views
(@hoppatheboppa)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have a Tanglewood acoustic guitar use a roland cube street amp and do a lot of busking.
ive noticed lately a squeaking noise.
I did unplug guitar and began to play and thought i could hear this squaking noise.
its weird its like little mice.
i seem to think its being caused by the friction between plectrum , strings and movement of my hand..is this correct, has anyone experienced this before????
Could it simply be battery needing replacement battery seems to be lasting forever....silly me, no distortion or anything like that.
It dosent happen all of the time either...its got me baffled.
any suggestions??

(@themetal)

first and foremost change the battery Then see it is is still happening. If it is you might have a bad or lose wire. maybe have a tech look it over. and last you could always try a Noise gate...

ReplyQuote
(@factorx)
Eminent Member

If busking is how you make your living you can't have mice singing in your guitar lol. Maybe I'm not understanding but if you unplugged your guitar and played it only to still hear it squeak why would it be a battery? Sounds like maybe loose bridge. If you think this is possible loosen the strings and check the bolts inside the body behind the bridge.

Without it being in front of us it's hard to say but if your not plugged in and it squeaks then it's the guitar not the electronics

ReplyQuote
(@adamskirainbow)

I had an issue with my PRS that I fixed. Check out the video I made of the process: https://youtu.be/i0YU6is7LWs

ReplyQuote
(@danaity)

first and foremost change the battery Then see it is is still happening. If it is you might have a bad or lose wire. maybe have a tech look it over. and last you could always try a Noise gate...

Hi Sweet,
was having the same issue
but changed the battery
and now it works great :x

ReplyQuote
(@martmiguel)
Eminent Member

Have you checked the battery?
Do you have a clean connection? I mean do you have to many things plugged to where you plug your amp?

Director of:
Cursos de guitarra eléctrica y acústica
ClasesdeguitarraYoutube

ReplyQuote
(@nikolagronc)

Sweet, was having the same issue but changed the battery and now it works great.

I was having the same problem, but changing the battery did not solve my problem. My problem was the placement of my hand. As soon as I corrected the placement and movement of my hand, the problem was solved.

All of you are not decided between the amazing things but my main thing was still the same as the problem are :(

ReplyQuote
(@nikolagronc)

These are the normal things due to those are not special between the guitar songs

ReplyQuote
(@josephdavis)

Sweet, was having the same issue but changed the battery and now it works great.

I was having the same problem, but changing the battery did not solve my problem. My problem was the placement of my hand. As soon as I corrected the placement and movement of my hand, the problem was solved.

make it sound better and have more depth that if it were to be made too clinical and "perfect".

ReplyQuote
(@chairyta)

The placement of the hand is one of the most important factors. It took me a lot of time to master this art. :)

ReplyQuote
(@osborn-ronald)

Could it simply be battery needing replacement battery seems to be lasting forever....silly me, no distortion or anything like that.

people thing these "imperfections" make it sound better and have more depth that if it were to be made too clinical and "perfect".

ReplyQuote
(@louislee)

Hi,

I have a Tanglewood acoustic guitar use a roland cube street amp and do a lot of busking.
I did unplug guitar and began to play and thought i could hear this squaking noise.
i seem to think its being caused by the friction between plectrum , strings and movement of my hand..is this correct, has anyone experienced this before????
any suggestions??

I think that you should change the battery of your guitar. After that, it will work perfectly.

ReplyQuote
(@carlwilks)

The placement of the hand is one of the most important factors. It took me a lot of time to master this art. :)

It's pretty normal for acoustic guitars to have that sound.

ReplyQuote
(@lanaroady)

Hi,

any suggestions??

I think that you should change the battery of your guitar. After that, it will work perfectly.

That was exactly my point that how you come with these efforts which are not familiar with guitar ?

ReplyQuote