Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.6 K Views
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok... so who owns (or just bought) a Squier '51?

The Dali
Margaret
Off He Goes
Bish
Wes
Slejhamer
Sdolsay
Duffmaster
U2Bono269
Banre
Crank'n'Jam
dhutson

Did I miss anyone? Who else?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I'm not buying mine, I'm getting it for my birthday ;)

Can't wait for it either...

13 isn't a lucky number, someone else buy one :roll:

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

it's in the mail

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

OH NO!!! THEY GOT NICK TOO!!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Nope, I'm still not budging! :|

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I believe mikespe has one.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I haven't gotten one yet, I never got to get to the shops yet. I'm already thinking about things I can do with it too make it that much cooler.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

dude Mike, you are the King of low-budget instruments. you are the champion of the Agile cause. you pontificate on the advantages of low-budget guitars in comparison to more expensive models. You have even mentioned Squiers on many occasions as being on par with their mother company.

Yet, you won't plop down a measly 100 dollas on a wicked cool '51? I'm sad sir, sad. You can't get a cooler guitar at better quality for less money than a Squier 51.

I think you owe it to yourself to get a nice jet black Squier 51 to run through your impressive pedalboard.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

:?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well see I'm on this soldering iron kick lately and I've heard these are the best.

After that I'll clean 'em up with a little lighter fluid and we'll be good to go.

ReplyQuote
(@musus)
Trusted Member

The other thread has me drooling over it. But I don't think I can get that kind of deal here in Oz.

"Hey Hey My My ... Rock and Roll can never die" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I don't think that my wife would have any problem with me spending the $100. I think she would for guitar #8 though. Better sit this one out. Besides, I'm still trying to figure out how to justify getting a 12-string. :?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to justify getting a 12-string. :?

Would you mind sharing when you do? :lol:

I need a 12 string and I need an Ibanez artcore ... so far I have 5

Fortunately the shipping costs would've been more than the guitar for this squire thing - or else I would've been tempted - big time. Would like to have a dedicated open tuning / slide axe :-)

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Hey Msus

http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=9499

Venue Music in Sydney $349.00 thats $454.00 US (price includes postage) tell me we don't get ripped off here in Oz !
(Having said that Venue music are very resonably priced and they set up the guitars before shipping.)

I want a Blues Jnr but they are near $1,000.00 Australian..

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I just finished ordering my Sunburst '51. I also ordered the black tweed MF gig bag, anyone know anything about it. Got another wall hanger and another strat pickguard(black) and a set of red 351 Fender medium picks. All in all that order sucked about $141 out of my Mastercard, I don't care. Life is GOOD!

I figure since my parents never know what to get me anymore, I will help them out by letting them pay some on this guitar. Its better than them wasting money on stuff I won't use.

kblake,
WOW dude, being a guitarist in Australia is incredibly expensive. One thing that we have plenty of in USA is cheap foriegn goods.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@musus)
Trusted Member

Hey Msus

http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=9499

Venue Music in Sydney $349.00 thats $454.00 US (price includes postage) tell me we don't get ripped off here in Oz !
(Having said that Venue music are very resonably priced and they set up the guitars before shipping.)

I want a Blues Jnr but they are near $1,000.00 Australian..

Keith

You mean US$ 270?

But that still is 270% higher than the deal these guys are talking about. Not worth the money for an experimental guitar. I'd rather double the money and get something nice.

"Hey Hey My My ... Rock and Roll can never die" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 51