Clear all

Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.7 K Views
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Sheesh. If my GAS didn't get the better of me this year, I would have gotten one. But I already bought three guitars and a bass this year. I can't keep myself in gig bags and strings....

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

This is a neat looking guitar. I've been thinking of picking up a cheap squier strat or tele to use as a thrasher guitar and do a paint job on, but after I saw this it seems like a perfect project guitar. Simple design, great price, etc. Going to have to check it out.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Yea, I'm leaning towards getting one of these babies too. So you can probably add me to that list down the line.

Any idea on how long they'll be this cheap?

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Yea, I'm leaning towards getting one of these babies too. So you can probably add me to that list down the line.

Any idea on how long they'll be this cheap?

I think it's anybody's guess how long they'll be this cheap. Conjecture around here has been that Fender/Squire must've had a massive overstock on the '51s, and so put on this marketing push to reduce the inventory. I think it has also been kicked about that maybe a redesign was in the offing.

Get 'em while they're HOT!!! :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

For Everyone with Epiphone Tube Combos, the Blonde 51' matches perfect

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Where can I get a black pickguard?

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Baldwin:

Perhaps someone here will trade one. If not, look through all of the pages in this thread. Somewhere in here is some discussion about buying '51 pickguards to change the color. I am too lazy to search through all the posts for you - sorry! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-RIGHT!!!!

Damn-Tarnations- you Darn KIDS!!!!!

My will power totally just got Blow'd up!!! I mean BLOW'd UP!!

BOOOOM!!! Its gone.....I hate myself. (No I don't)
I've been avoiding this thread for a long long time.. cuz well I couldn't even THINK of Gas'n for anything, even strings for most of the year (as some of you know).

But with my recent win-fall I'm able to lets say.... 'Indulge' a little bit.

I was meaning to take some of my "First" paycheck and get some badly needed work clothes, which I did (after I got caught up with most my bills) and then I was gonna see what Santa might bring me. Well I got over $100 in different Gift Cards at stores that sell clothing amongst other various sundries..... so some of the $$ I was saving I could now spend on some "GAS" stuff.

I have a Sunburst coming via next-day air right now!!! WOOT!!!
Along with a few 3 packs of acoustic and electric strings.

That makes TWO '51's for me :) and I still need to finish modding my first one with gold tuners and I can't wait for those new pickguards to come available. :) So I did manage to buy a new guitar this year after all...WOOT!!!

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Baldwin:

Perhaps someone here will trade one. If not, look through all of the pages in this thread. Somewhere in here is some discussion about buying '51 pickguards to change the color. I am too lazy to search through all the posts for you - sorry! :D

Check "GUITAR FETISH" They're coming in Mid January.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i plan on visiting the local MF this weekend. hopefully they will have a few returned 51s that i can pickup for spare parts. if so i plan on trying a few new ones out as well and will be joining you all. 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Baldwin:

Yeah, I remembered seeing that, but I couldn't remember where. I checked the guitar fetish site and didn't see anything listed there yet.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

There is definitely an inventory issue. My '51 (which I got in Novmeber 2006) was made in 2005. It was stamped 2005 on the neck heel.

By the way, what's the deal with the "slightly smaller" neck pickup?? Why not just throw in a standard single coil?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Well, whatever caused the low price - we all scored! I am really liking mine - it has made it into my regular rotation, now featuring the '51, an Epi Sheraton II, and a Gibson LP Standard. My American Strat must be feeling abadoned lately! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, whatever caused the low price - we all scored! I am really liking mine - it has made it into my regular rotation, now featuring the '51, an Epi Sheraton II, and a Gibson LP Standard. My American Strat must be feeling abadoned lately! :lol:

Sounds like you should change your name.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

FYI, some updated pics from my project. Should be able to bolt on the hardware and work on the wiring this week. The guard and headstcok are fully lacquered and ready to go!

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 51