Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.6 K Views
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Oooh very nice, Dali Lima. That makes me thirsty. :shock:

I'd like to do something different with mine when it gets here but I don't know enough to start taking it apart.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Where can I get a black pickguard?

I had that same thought. So I waited and watched MF.com and found a blonde blem 51 for $76. Its an expensive way to get a black PG but I did also get a guitar with it haha. The blonde looks really sweet with the white PG on it. My Sunburst looks amazing with a black PG.

Or you could wait on guitarfetish.com and get one of their 51 pickguards. The sell some pretty good stuff.

Adios.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

I really like the Gui-ness-tar. That is sweet. Great idea.

Well, you guys can add me to the list now. I ordered one, hopefully will be here by the end of the week if I'm lucky. I ordered the Blonde with the black pick guard. I saw that a few ppl have been getting white pick guards on the blondes so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it's black on mine. Either way it sounds like ppl are having a ton of fun with them so I'm pretty stoked. Hopefully my Tele doesn't get jealous.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Hanzo,

My blonde came with a black PG. If your like me then it's very likely that your other guitar(s) will be jealous. I still play my SX Strat some but the rest have been pretty idle lately.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

margaret wrote:
Dan, my 51 is supposed to be here tomorrow. It will likely travel through Janesville--wanna take a look as it whizzes past??

Margaret

Mine should be whizzing through Janesville today on it's way to Fond du Lac. Please wish it Godspeed as it goes by.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Well, whatever caused the low price - we all scored! I am really liking mine - it has made it into my regular rotation, now featuring the '51, an Epi Sheraton II, and a Gibson LP Standard. My American Strat must be feeling abadoned lately! :lol:

Sounds like you should change your name.
ColoradoSquierBender? NAH! :P

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

margaret wrote:
Dan, my 51 is supposed to be here tomorrow. It will likely travel through Janesville--wanna take a look as it whizzes past??

Margaret

Mine should be whizzing through Janesville today on it's way to Fond du Lac. Please wish it Godspeed as it goes by.
More Cheddarheads?! Go Pack! Oh, wait, Dan T is a [cough] Bears fan. :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oooh very nice, Dali Lima. That makes me thirsty. :shock:

I'd like to do something different with mine when it gets here but I don't know enough to start taking it apart.

The only way to get experience is to start! Remember, guitars are just wood, metal, and magnets. Not much to screw up.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Dali Lima

Your guitar looks great, nice job.

Welcome to the cult Hanzo. :twisted:

I would like to see an updated list, most be over 40 folks here ordered the 51 by now.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Add me to the list, West!

ReplyQuote
(@cicontention)
Trusted Member

Me as well :)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Dali Lima,

Does that USA Fender Alnico 3 single coil fit pretty well in the slot or did u have to some cutting. Do the Poles line up with the strings good. I am having a tough time picking a single coil for this thing. The Crunchy Paf is 15.9K, would I need a pretty hot single coil to go with it.

Vanzant, the single coil fits PERFECTLY (once you open up the pickguard opening) and it lines up PERFECTLY with the strings. I finished up the guitar last night and finally I can play it! Wow, it really plays well. The GFS bridge is really easy to setup and it strings easily. The neck is very nice, and it is really easy to play. I strung it up and in about 5 minutes I was playing it like it had been broken in for 2 years. Impressive.

I will tell you that the Alnico 3 USA strat pickup is VERY bright. I was expecting more growl out of it at the neck position, but it is extremely bright. Almost too bright. I'll keep it for now, but I might end up swapping it for something a little grittier.

Also, I was doing the "Lima Test" last night... you know, you all do the Lima Test... it's when you plug in a guitar and play it, and then immediately plug in another guitar to see how the two sound different... I did this with all my electrics and the Squier really holds it own - especially the bridge humbucker. It sustained as long as my USA Strat. The winner of the sustain contest was my Gibson SG.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

OK, updated roll call.

The Dali
Margaret
Bish
Wes ( 2 )
Slejhamer
Sdolsay
U2Bono269
Banre
Crank'n'Jam
dhutson
Steeder
Baldwin ( 2 )
DennisF6
Hudman
Nick
CSmart01
Dagwood (2)
Boxboy
Vink
Gnease (2)
Izabella
ColoradoFenderBender
Shrim
Teleplayer324
jwmartin
Madmodder
Robbie
fahq
1armbandit
Duffmaster
JBeery ( 2 )
Vanzant38 ( 2 )
Kblake
UrbanCowgirl
Billybenbob
Waltaja
Hanzo
Kevin72790
cicontention

According to the list, 46 of these guitars have been pruchased by GN members - with most being bought in the last month.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

What case are you guys ordering with this?

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

if everything goes well on sat/sun i plan on getting the MF case (in black)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-Case?sku=540948

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 51