Vanzant38 ( 2 )
Kblake
UrbanCowgirl
Billybenbob
Waltaja
Hanzo
Kevin72790
cicontention

According to the list, 46 of these guitars have been pruchased by GN members - with most being bought in the last month.

Any chance of 51 '51s in 2006? Still a couple of shopping days left :wink:

Don

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I have played with my 51 and compared it to my Highway 1 Telecaster and I have to say that I am impressed. The necks are almost identical with the frets on the 51 being a bit rougher than the Tele. I also think the neck on the 51 is slightly thinner which actually works better for me because I have small hands. Overall, I found it to be very smooth and playable. The tones are not as nice and robust on the 51 (good thing because the Tele was A LOT more expensive) but for $99 I would say it's a steal. It is also lighter weight, but like someone on here already said, still feels like a real guitar.

I didn't see any flaws in the black paint however when I took off the pickguard there were some dings under it and the paint is sort of peeled off around the screw holes. I liked the all black look and I am going to replace the white pickguard with a black one. If I get really ambitious I may attempt changing the neck pup as well. Everything seemed to be in place and connected/screwed down well except the jack was a little bit loose.

This is defintiely going to be a good guitar for me to take places and not have to obsess over people handling it or it getting knocked around.
I am going to Nashville for the weekend for a New Year's concert and I may take it with me so I can practice while I'm there.

I also found this site for pickguards. Don't know how the quality or prices compare with guitarfettish though.
http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/Squier51.html

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nice pickguards, but EXPENSIVE! The tortoise is almost as expensive as the guitar! :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I'm finding that the nut on the jack on my '51 loosens up all by itself. Every time I go to plug in the cable I have to tighten the nut. (I haven't checked it after playing before putting it away, but will start doing that, too.)

Anybody else finding this to be the case?

Do you think I need a new nut? Or an entire new jack assembly? Or is there some techie secret that I can use to resolve this? I've heard of Lock-Tite, or some such....is that what I would use?

Thx for any help!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I don't know the anwer, but mine was also loose. It hasn't loosened up since I tightened it...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

I've heard of Lock-Tite, or some such....is that what I would use?

That would definitely work. I have some, you going to be in my part of the state anytime soon?

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member

squier - the worlds most anti-lefty guitar brand :-(

personally id love either a cyclone, jagmaster or '51, but squier only offer a standard strat (in sunburst or black!!!) for us poor lefties.
sigh.

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@soundsgood)
Trusted Member

try stringing a ' 51 lefty don't know if it would be worth the trouble 8)

gibsonSG standard/gallagher"doc watson" acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@donkee)

Hi all, new to the forum. Looks like a great spot to hang out.

Add me to the list, I bought 2 sunburst models for the kids and a black for me. Just ordered up a spare vintage blond since mine is getting a bit beat up from lugging it all over the country and I think I would have hated myself when they are all gone and I didn't have a spare.

Looks like you're one shy of the 51 "51"s for 2006, I did what I can do to help.

Anyone who wants it, here's the switch and control function whitepaper for the "51".

http://www.squierguitars.com/pdf/diagrams/0325100-switching.pdf

Larry

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

am i #51?

brought home a sweet blonde w/black pickguard today, add me to the list folks :D

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

WTG TL, stop by tonight and let's jam. :wink:

Donkee, congrats on the motherload of '51's. :lol:

Welcome to Guitarnoise, too! :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@donkee)

Thanks Bish.

I must get a pick of my dudes (10 & 11 years old) with their new axes. Lessons for them start next week.

Looks like the magic number of 51 has been hit! :shock: Could it have been cut any closer?

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Well...I took my beginner acoustic package back and ordered a Sunburst (no 51s at all in stock); although I can see me doing something about that pickguard. :roll: So I guess you can add me to the list as well. :D

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Tighten the nut and apply Nail polish to the threads!

Whooo...

That didn't sound right...

Loctite is great stuff but it really sets up tight, you may have trouble getting it loose at a later date. Clear nail polish does the same thing and is easily removable.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Tighten the nut and apply Nail polish to the threads!

Whooo...

That didn't sound right...

Loctite is great stuff but it really sets up tight, you may have trouble getting it loose at a later date. Clear nail polish does the same thing and is easily removable.
If I need to remove it, would I use nail polish remover, being careful not to touch the guitar finish, of course?

Or would unscrewing the nut just peel the nail polish off?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 23 / 51